Thursday, January 25, 2018

Masculine Valentine

Normally I might not have used roses on a card for a man but today I decided I wanted to do just that. I have had this delightful multi-step heart stamp from Kitchen Sink Stamps called Sweet Heart Roses and was trying to find a way to use it for a more masculine look. Well, by using more reddish orange colors along with black and gray I think I accomplished this. And, while the cat's away the mouse will play. (Translated to mean while hubby is ice fishing I am stamping his card.) LOL


The colors of choice for the stamping of the rose were to use orange and various shades of reds. I stayed away from the more pinkish hues. Once I had the rose stamped I cut it out by hand leaving a white border around it and then adding this to another layer of black and hand cutting a black border too. The pattern papers I used are from My Favorite Things. And, the dies used for this card are Memory Box Cross Stitched  Border dies. All was added to a white card base and the final addition to the front of the card was the black rhinestones.



I also added a bit of design inside the card using stamps from the same set.


I am entering this card in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week. The theme is Valentine-Love.

Well, either the internet or blogger is not functioning right. We do have fog so that might be affecting both. But finally I think I have my post ready to upload. It has been a struggle. I hope all of you have no issues with your comments now. I love to see that you have visited and to read the posts you leave me. Take care everyone.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous masculine make - even men have hearts -LOL!! This is a really cute make!

Carol L said...

This turned out so nice, and won't he be surprised to receive this great card on Valentine's day! I really like the polka dot papers and black accents too!

Greta said...

Feels like a day for ice fishing here! Of course, it's really not that cold, but all the rain is making it miserable. Hope your hubby had a good day because you sure did! Great Valentine for your hubby with those papers & colors!

Barbara said...

This is a great look and your hubby will appreciate your work. This email went to my spam box. Good thing that I checked it before emptying the box.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is a good one, I have been looking for easy Masculine Valentine Inspiration! And here it is, THANKS!!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I do like the orangey tones on the flowers. That is a pretty stamp! I haven’t had a chance to get any of that brand yet. Have a great day!

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome card. Masculine Valentines are really hard, but you pulled this off perfectly. Arlin will love it!

Leslie Miller said...

I guess I'd better get busy on my hubby's Valentine. He once asked me why I made everyone else's cards all frilly and Valentine-y but his was rather plain. Gosh, the next year I really dolled his up! I think the heart is perfect for your husband's Valentine!

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love the papers and your coloring is great.

Lisa said...

I think it makes a wonderful card for your husband! My husband is never surprised to find glitter, gems and flowers on his cards...lol! I just can't help myself. This is beautiful and I'm sure he'll love it! Mine will be gone tonight so yes... plan on getting crafty!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...