Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Time To Celebrate!

I pulled out a set of stamps that was handy to locate without having to look through a lot of things and decided to make me another card using Bella the Elephant. She is ready for a celebration and she is from the Wild Rose Studios AS007  Bella's Party 2 set.



The first thing I did was to make a striped background by masking off the stripes and then adding colors with my blending brushes and markers. The sentiment and Bella were then stamped with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Jet Black ink and Bella was colored with my Bic and Sharpie markers  I then cut her and the sentiment out by hand. All of these elements were placed onto a white card base and the last thing I added was some Doodlebug Design Inc. Beetle Black Glitter Assortment Sprinkles. I think you can make out the glitter in the photo too.

Thanks for stopping in and as always I love to hear what you have to say. Have a great day everyone!

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fun way to do the stripes on the background and this is such a happy and adorable card Verna x.

laurie said...

That's such a cute image. What a fun card!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Bella is adorable sitting on the pile of presents. I love your colorful, striped background too. Such a sweet card!

Barbara said...

Bella is adorable and sitting on the pile of birthday gifts is fun. Loving that background too. I sure hope that you got to see your family. My kids did make it here despite the snowstorm.

Barbara Bruder said...

Bella is adorable and she really is the cutest image, she just makes this card. Love your stripes on the side of the card too. Love the colors. Have a great day.

Donna Ellis said...

Verna, your little Bella the Elephant card is precious and so beautifully designed! How clever to incorporate the colors from the image on your horizontal stripes for the background, with all the dancing black circles! Love it! hugs, de

Lisa Babitz said...

Love your striped background panel; great colors and nicely accented with those sparkly dot embellishments. Your Bella image is adorable; you colored and hand cut it beautifully. Great card!

Dawn S. said...

What a cute card! Those black glitter dots are a great addition.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like those stripes! And the elephant is very cute. I think it would be fun to do this card in other colors too. Great design!

Bunny said...

What a great card. She is so sweet looking. Love the colors. [Bunny]

Brenda in IN said...

What fun those stripes are and great colors. Bella is having her own little party! Cute elephant, Verna.

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable Bella! Really a fun card with the stripey background you made. I do see the glitter on the sprinkles. So cute, Verna!

TK said...

Bella is beautiful! Such a sweet image, and your card is lovely

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Verna - loving all the different ways you are using your Bella stamps
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

I like how you made your own stripes that perfectly match the image! Such a cute card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is totally adorable, Verna! Love your blended stripes - they work so well with this sweet image and the colours you used! Gorgeous card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Bella is a cutie! :)

Lisa said...

Adorable and love the stamped background you created!

Diane said...

Oh my Bella is the cutest!! What a cute~cute card and design!! Like I told you before, these little 'ellie's' have a place in my heart!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...