Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Especially For You!

Oh, my! I had so much fun doing the one layer cards that I had to try my hand at it again. This time I used an incentive stamp duo set from Gina K. Designs which I acquired with a qualifying order.  I love that set very much too and can see all sorts of ways to make use of it.


I blocked off the pink edges with Post-It notes and left an empty white space in between. I then sponged on the pink colors. Then I over stamped onto the pink and white with the flower image. Using Copic markers I colored in the flowers. Once this was done I took a black Copic and made a faux layer and then finished the card by adding black specks with a texture brush.

I am entering this in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV.

Thanks for looking and I hope you were a little inspired. Have a great week.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I always get inspired when I look at your cards and read your blog. You NEVER disappoint. This is just so pretty. I love your colors, and the way you have used that stamp all over the card. Beautifully done!!

Olga Moore said...

So soft and pretty, Verna! I love that stamp and how you colored all those beautfiul flowers. Very nicely done!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You make really magnificent one-layer cards, Verna, and that is a huge accomplishment! A lot of stampers find the OLC to be the most difficult card style to make - you make it look easy!! Hugs, Darnell

Rushd Lady said...

Pretty! :)

Brenda said...

pretty in pink :) beautiful card

Anna Jernigan said...

Wow, that is sneaky...at first glance it does look layered! Very clever, Verna. I like it. What's a texture brush, that you made those specks with so nicely? Always interested in new tools. HA.
Very nice colors, and design. Lovely card for mailing. Nice job. TFS!

Shari M said...

Awesome idea. Love what you did here.