Monday, June 1, 2015

Happy Birthday With Color Bursts

Brrr! For June 1 it is sure cold here in South Dakota this morning. It looks to be an overcast day again and of course, the never ending wind. But it is still a wonderful day as it is the birthday of my sweet hubby today. I am sharing the simple card I made for him. The only bad thing about him turning that old is that I am only two years behind him. Yikes! I am sure we will get used to that first number overtime but it still looks a little shocking to me right now. LOL


I took the Color Burst purple, blue and green and sprinkled the water color crystals onto the white card stock. Then I spritzed them with water and took a drinking straw and blew the colors around as much as I could with it to create a splatter affect. I then cut the design to the size I wanted, layered it onto black card stock and then placed the die cut Happy Birthday Corner Concepts DVCR-001 from Die-Versions cut with black card stock in the upper left corner before I added it to the A2 white card base.

My next step was to go to the computer and generate the 70th in black and I printed it on white card stock. After I fussy cut it out leaving a border of white I then added it over the big splat of color. Since I had some of the pattern paper I had created with the Color Bursts left over I took a strip and layered it to black and added it to the inside of the card to create a matching element of design.

Well, no birthday cake for him but I did bake him a special rhubarb coffee cake with Splenda so that he can enjoy eating it without feeling so guilty. After all he deserves to have a little something special done for him on his special day. Oh, and I plan to share in eating it too. We both thought it smelled delicious. LOL

Have a great day everyone. And, thanks again for taking a look.

God bless,
Verna

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wonderful day that you have planned for your hubby. This is a big one too. Enjoy your special guy and your special card and dessert. Sounds yummy. Interesting fact, I am the same age that you are. Lol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome background [nice and bright] for those 70 year old eyes ;)

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful color choices, looks great!!! Love your layout, the hubs is going to really like this one!!

Anne Temple said...

What a fun birthday card! Love the vibrant background.

Peanut said...

Such a dramatic bg! Don't need much to make this card special. Well done, Verna.
hugs Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...