Saturday, June 24, 2017

Coffee Friends

Here is my second card for the 2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. I used an older Rubber Romance stamp I had purchased several years ago from I Brake For Stamps but I guess that the Rubber Romance company is out of business now. On the bench I added a couple of cups of coffee which I got from the digital set from Verve called Rise and Shine. The sentiment is from the Stampendous set called Coffee Talk. By combining all of these elements together I thought I had a nice card design.


I used my Zig markers to color in the image and then die cut it with a Cottage Cutz double stitched rectangle die. I also die cut the sentiment panel. The coffee cups were downsized a lot by me and colored and then I did a slit by each of the ladies' knees and added the cups onto the bench between them. My finishing touch was to add all to a pink card base and also a rhinestone flower to the sentiment panel.

Well, thanks again for your comments and visits. I hope your weekend is off to a great start.

God bless,
Verna

25 comments:

Heidi said...

Superfun design, love your colouring!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Verna! It's so fun using our old stamps, with new techniques and mediums. Glad your birthday was enjoyable! xx

~amy~ said...

What a fun idea adding those coffee cups. Perfect!

Echo said...

Cute card...love all the different stamps you used!

Rosy Newlun said...

You sure do have a brilliant card combining all three!!! Way to go, Verna! I love how you added the digital cups to the stamped image but have no clue how to do that. You rock!

Barbara said...

Great idea to put all of those sets together to make this fabulous one. Love the idea of friends and coffee. Just seems like they go together.

Donna Phelan said...

Coffee friends are the BEST!!! This is a great card, love the design and images!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love this image - you've created a winner for the coffee friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yep friends with coffee - the best :)

Judy Woodland said...

I love that image - have not seen it before. Great design and coloring, super fabulous card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Awesome image! Love seeing new (to me!) images like this. Great job on the sizing & positioning of the cups.

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your great image - and that sentiment is perfect! for both friendship and coffee!!

Hetty said...

Hi Verna, nice to meet again, sorry there is no cyber coffee cafe, but sharing cards and ideas is perfect for me.
This is a beautiful stamp and a perfect sentiment. Hope me meet again!

Shelly said...

What a fun and sweet card!

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!!

Tink said...

Fantastic card!

Cynthia Cole said...

Love how you combined different elements from various companies on your pretty card!

Lisa said...

Very lovely card! Love the design and that image is fantastic!

Peanut said...

Super card! What a great friendship card, Verna.
x Asha

Karen Dunbrook said...

great friend card Verna...so fantastic.
xx Karen

D.Ann C said...

What a sweet scene and great friendship card!

Helen F. said...

Adorable scene created here!

The Craft Princess said...

Love this card :) Hugs...Janie

Vivian Foo said...

I love the stamps and how you added the coffee cups.

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Wonderful idea to get those cups in there! The cups look like they naturall belong on that bench - well done :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...