Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fabulous Designs

Well, the title is misleading. I named it that because my card and label I made go with the Gina K. Designs Fabulous Frames, Fabulous Holiday Labels  and the Fabulous Labels Dies that are all illustrated and designed by Melanie Muenchinger. She is the one who is fabulous and I am trying to at least make a great effort on reaching that status. So here is my card I made.


I also used some of the Gina K. Designs pattern paper from the Blizzard Paper Pack, Gina K. Designs White and Christmas Pine card stock, and Gina K. Designs Red Hot and Christmas Pine ink. I colored the white ribbon with the Christmas Pine ink to make it match, but be sure it is fully dry before adding it to the card. I got some smudges on mine but with the Tombo Sand Eraser I got rid of most of it.

And this is the label I made which will be used for future use on baked goods or some Christmas goodies for friends. I used some Copics to color around the inner framed design which was stamped from the Fabulous Frames set on pattern paper and then fussy cut and placed on the label die. And the end pieces had to be pieced in as I fussy cut them too. I wanted that Copic colored frame to show up. The cookies were used as a photo prop and actually will be eaten by us.


One can add a ribbon to the label as well and use it for tags on Christmas packages. I chose to just leave it as a label and will fasten it to a plate of goodies when the time comes.

Well, I think I might have to have one of those cookies now. Yummy! Most are in the freezer so they are not so tempting to me.

Thanks for the visit and I hope your Sunday evening is a great one.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look of your lovely card mf...great traditional feeling look, great blend of papers and stamping too.
yum to the cookies.
xx Karen

Judy Woodland said...

So pretty, you have really done those stamps and dies justice here. I love the traditional Christmas colors, and that cookie label is almost as amazing as the cookies inside. Great inspiration here!!!

Barbara said...

I wish that I had a few of these Christmas card done like this. You are a fabulous card maker and designer in my book. The tag for the cookies looks as good as the cookies, and here I thought you were baking for everyone one and giving them away. Lol I'm sure they are delicious.

Brenda in IN said...

I love this cheerful paper you used. Another lovely Christmas card. You are putting me to shame. I'm just starting on fall cards!

Unknown said...

Another great project, so cheerful, and full of the season. I love your work. Ellen G

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful work Verna! Your card is so pretty. The ribbon is just perfect! Beautifully coordinated artwork!

Liz said...

I don't think your post title is misleading at all, because your card and tag are fabulous! I especially love your card - such a great design. xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That card looks downright professional!

(The cookies look good too!)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a pretty card, but the cookies win - I want one, right now ;)

Sharon Fontenot said...

I am bummed that I did not order this stamp. I thought I could live without it. Now I'm about on my last breath. It was still in stock yesterday, so I guess I'm ordering again from this release. Your cookie plate is calling my name BTW.

Sharon Fontenot said...

Verna - Sorry I'm back again. I'm sitting here laughing to myself about your freezer comment. When I was a kid in northern Illinois - 1 of 6 kids, my mom (a fabulous baker) would put the cookies in the freezer so she would have some for when company came. We would go out there and sneak them one at a time and eat them frozen. When the company came, she would go out to get cookies and well - the rest of the story is not appropriate for tender ears. :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...