Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Coffee Card #8

This card used some foiling on it and even though I did not get the stripes on it perfect I am still going to enter this card into the 2018 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Hop. 


I placed strips of Scor Tape onto my white card base and then took the Gina K. Design Radiant Red foil and burnished it on so that I had a pretty foiled design. It sort of reminds me of peppermint. That made the background for the rest of the card. I did not have to use my laminator for this so it is a way to use foil without a heating device.

Using the Gina K. Designs Wreath Builder and the Holiday Wreath  Builder stamp set I made a wreath. I used Gina K. Designs ink pads and also Memento ink pads for the wreath images. I decided to add coffee items from the Gina K. Design Perfect Blend stamp set as well but I stamped them with black Memento ink onto white card stock and then colored them with a mix of Zig and Sharpie pens. After fussy cutting them out I popped them up on the wreath. The sentiment is also from the Holiday Wreath Builder set. I thought it was a good one for this design.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Challenge too.

Thanks for the visit and for all the sweet comments you leave me. I sure have been having fun creating so many holiday coffee designs and I have been so inspired by all the others who have entered projects as well. This is a great event to get one motivated. So I truly thank all who do all the work to put this hop together. Especially so to Amy. She is an amazing lady!

Well, maybe I will be back again tomorrow. But I might have to concentrate on other things around here. So until next time take care.

God bless,
Verna


21 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments you leave me.

Diane said...

Beautiful card and the foiling is gorgeous!! I only have one card entered so far, sigh, but maybe I should work on the Spring/Summer ones and be ahead for once lol!!

Darnell said...

You have been on a holiday coffee card roll, Verna! Each one is as super as the one before, but I particularly love this festive number! BTW, my head must be screwed on crooked (no comment!) because your foil striping looks good to me!! Happy Holiday Hugs and Mugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Another WOW coffee card! I sure don't see anything not perfect about those foil stripes. Love this!

Mac Mable said...

Fun idea to use the tape and the foiling looks great on your beautiful card. Sorry that some of your comments had been lost...I did wonder where they went but so glad you read them first x.

Judy Woodland said...

Love your background with the foil, it's beautiful. And your coloring is perfect. I don't see any reason why you can't enter this in the Mod Squad Challenge. Go for it!!!

Laura S. said...

Wow, i completely adore this coffee wreath card!

Hetty said...

Verna, this is a gorgeous card! Beautiful design, great papers and coloring.

Brenda said...

Great technique to get that beautiful shine! Wonderful card, love all the little details.

Sandra said...

Beautiful!!! Love the foiling!!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous foiled stripes Verna.... They look perfect to me.. Great wreath full of tasty treats

Karen Letchworth said...

This is truly delightful, Verna. So warm and sweet.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So awesome those bg stripes are fabulous with the wreath of coffee cups!

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bonnie said...

I, too, love the strip. Now it reminds me of candycane cookies. My sister makes them each Christmas and they are such a huge hit.

Lisa said...

Wow! Beautiful wreath and love the foiling! And the cups added to wreath... perfect!

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a great card...love how you added all the elements.
x Karen

Judy Woodland said...

So glad to see your card. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

This is very pretty Verna!

Joyce Erb said...

I LOVE this card!! S festive and sparkly

Greta said...

Hadn't thought to use score tape with foil, but now I will! Such a darling card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...