Thursday, February 28, 2019

Bee Thinking of You

Recently I was a lucky winner of the Heartfelt Creations Sweet as Honey Kit which had the instructions and elements needed for three cards and also a few extra pieces. Well, I tried to follow the directions on how to make the first card but I did not like the way it looked inside with the backs of the bee girl and the hive showing so I redid the card to a way I thought had a more finished look. Here is the outside of the card.



I used Bic markers to color in the hive house, girl bee and the flowers. Then I decided to add a verse inside so I am showing the inside in the next photo.


That is a beautiful scene and since it was pre-colored I cannot take credit for the wonderful coloring. Along the other side I added a sentiment from I Brake for Stamps. I have always liked that sentiment but perhaps it is getting too old and brittle on me as I had a hard time getting it to stamp well. So I carefully went in with a fine line black marker to fill in the blanks. LOL

I was going to wait until the weekend to use this kit but I found some time on my hands so I proceeded to make one card with it. I don't know why but somehow I feel like using a kit like this is harder then if I made up my own design. I prefer more simpler designs so this is somewhat difficult for me to comprehend how to make things look fantastic like others seem to be able to do. But at least I will try.

I hope all have a wonderful evening. Thanks for visiting too.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Darnell said...

I agree with you about the kits, Verna, but you sure did a beautiful job with this one! I love how you altered the design to make it your own!! Hugs, Darnell

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty and I like the cute little bee girl. You did a great job with this card, using pieces of the patterned paper inside is a great way. That is too bad your older stamp is getting brittle. I know the Frugal Crafter recommends putting glycerin on them so they age better, but I have no idea where to get it, or if it is worth buying.

Congrats on winning the kit. I always enter, but haven’t won! Lol. (Although I agree, I might have a hard time figuring out how to use all the elements since their designs are so ornate.)

Carol L said...

I don't do well with kits either, but I'm glad you made this your own, because it's a beauty! Love the layered background look!

Shona Erlenborn said...

You did a great job with this Verna! Love the dies you used. Your little bee girl is too cute! Love the inside scene too!

Leslie Miller said...

This looks fantastically darling to me, Verna! Cute inside and out! I also think it's easier to march to the beat of your own drummer, whatever that may be. I love your card! I hope my oldie stamps don't turn brittle! So far, so good. Some are loved like old friends. Beautiful verse.

Joyce Erb said...

Your card is beautiful. I usually change up kits too but rarely do any kit.Heartfelt is pretty easy when taken in bite size pieces. They take me a long time but I love the ornate and am CAS challenged LOL. Thank you for the wonderful commet on my coral card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love the little busy bee gal. Great coloring and design, Verna.

Greta said...

Sweet card & good for you going outside your comfort zone!

Dandi93 said...

Cute card Verna. It's always fun to work with new goodies

Anonymous said...

Late commenting as usual, but love this card. Adorable

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats in yet another of your wins! What a fun card too.

Lisa said...

Well, congrats on your win! And I don't know what it was "supposed" to look like, but you did a beautiful job putting your version together... love it!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...