Friday, January 15, 2021

Flower Cluster Birthday

 Yesterday's mail brought a lovely surprise for me when I opened up an envelope from Altenew and inside was a free mini stamp set called Sweet Cluster. It was a thank you gift for all my purchases this last year from them. I had won a couple gift certificates so I shopped more then once. So it is always nice when a company does these little things to keep their customers happy. I know I was sure happy when I got it so since today was a blizzard I decided to put that little mini set to use by making a birthday card. I hope you like it.


I used other Altenew products on this card as well as the flower cluster which I stamped on white paper with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Obsidian ink. I then made a mask and covered the first cluster and then proceeded to stamp another image of the flowers only this time turning it a different direction. I then colored them with my Bic markers. I made another mask of the flowers and after I had them all masked  I took the Altenew Watercolor Stripes stencil and added some light green ink and then just here and there darkening it up with a darker shade of green. I used my blending brushes for the stenciling.  Momento and Gina K. Designs inks were used for the stenciling. I then cut the panel down and also cut around the bottom of my flowers. I placed this panel onto a red card base and then added the sentiment from the Altenew Floral Sprig set. The last step was to add some red and pink jewels and a white insert inside for my stamped or written greeting.

That was a fun way to spend a stormy afternoon. I was supposed to have a wound change session today but we canceled and instead the gal said I should come in tomorrow afternoon. It is so nice to have a hospital staff be so accomodating. I so appreciate it. I hope this finds all of you having a great day and that you are staying well on this winter day.

God bless, Verna

24 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Sweet card!!

Bonnie said...

What a fun surprise and love what you did with it. Especially the cut out bottom and added detail in your green stripes. Delightful!

Sandra H said...

Ooh how lovely to receive your nice gift and your card is absolutely beautiful x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely surprise Verna, and you have used it beautifully on this stunning card.
We too have a small, local hospital, which when DH was ill, we could work with them as to what was best for him.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

What a lovely surprize, your card is just gorgeous.xxx

Barbara said...

I can just picture you sitting in a warm and cozy room while the snow is blowing outside, making this fresh and spring looking birthday card. Great idea!

Carol L said...

It looks like the blizzard gave you a good excuse to just create a pretty card, and how nice to receive a free stamp as a gift! Your flowers are beautifully colored and the whole card is gorgeous! Stay warm!

Lisa Babitz said...

So pretty! I love the stencil you used to create your background, and you did a great job masking your floral clusters to add depth to your clusters and to place them in front of the background stripes. Beautiful color combination as well. Glad you were able to stay in during the blizzard and managed to have fun as well!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a beautiful design you made from your winnings, Verna! So different! The green striped background lets the flowers pop! Love it!

Judy Woodland said...

Yes, Winter Storm Malcolm is rearing his fluffy head, isn't he. We are getting it too. I love your card, that background really makes those flowers pop. I bet you really enjoyed hunkering and creating. Little things like this just make us happy. Hope your healing is coming along.

Vicki Dutcher said...

How nice to receive a thank you set! LOVE those strips too

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sweet card, Verna! The flowers are so pretty and I adore your stencilled background! Congrats on your wins and it's nice that they sent you the free stamp - that's a happy mail indeed!

Leslie Miller said...

That is a nice surprise! You've done well with the little flower cluster and watercolor stripes. Very pretty, Verna!

Lisa said...

So pretty and what a great surprise!

Mac Mable said...

So glad the hospital staff are accommodating Verna, that must help enormously? What a lovely surprise from Altenew and what a fabulous job you've made of it. Such a beautiful card, great colour combination and masking and loving the stencilling on the background x.

Birgit said...

What a lovely and vibrant card this is! How wonderful to get such a fun surprise in the mail too. Your flower clusters are just lovely over the striped background. Glad you were able to stay snug and safe at home during the storm.

laurie said...

Gotta love free stuff..yay! Love those beautiful blooms and striped background!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty mf...the green is so soothing.
xx Karen

Dawn S. said...

A lovely surprise, and a great card that you made with it!

Greta said...

Pretty card! Great masking & stenciling!

TK said...

Beautiful card, Verna, and a terrific way to use your surprise gift! Stay safe in those storms, I remember them well.

wannabcre8tive said...

This is a really beautiful card. Love those gorgeous flowers and they really pop on the red.

Dandi93 said...

Lovely card Verna, great flower clusters

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love that you cut out the bottom! I always forget about that option....Thanks for the reminder!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...