Thursday, June 16, 2022

Gina K. Designs Marker Watercolor Technique

 A few days ago Gina featured a video showing how to use watercolor markers to make a gorgeous background with them. Then these backgrounds once they were dry were die cut with leaves and foliage and then made into cards. She showed how they were so beautiful placed on black and that the colors really popped.

Well unfortunately I had no watercolor markers but instead I did the same look by using my ink pads to add a colorful design which worked for me. Here is my card I made.



I love the look even if I didn’t have the right supplies. The die set  was the Foliage Fillers Die set and the sentiment was from the Peace Love Joy mini set. I stamped the sentiment in black ink but only cut out the Love which was in the center before adding it to my card.

Here is the link to the video. 



I hope the link works. I am frustrated with not having my computer but with my iPad I try.

 Thank for visiting. God bless, Verna 

9 comments:

Carol L said...

These cards are absolutely stunning with gorgeous color! Great idea to use your ink pads instead of markers. They turned out fabulous!

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Verna. The design is so striking and eye-catching. Thanks for the link to the video. xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

You go! It’s awesome you used what you have to create! Love the greens and blues 😊

Brenda in IN said...

I love it so much that you are using what you have and this card is lovely. I am trying to do the same thing and it is amazing what we can do with what we have. Gina is so good and this video is wonderful.

Lisa Babitz said...

Your watercolored die cuts look great! Great result using what you have on hand.

Dawn S. said...

Gorgeous result! I love the black background. It makes the die cuts pop!

Rosy Newlun said...

Splendid color blend, Verna! What a beautiful card. You sure do make the best of what you have. I'm cheering you on!

Judy Woodland said...

Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say. You have nailed that technique perfectly, well done my friend!!!!! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Monthly Mix Challenge, hope to see you back again soon!!!
Judy -MMC Guest Host

TK said...

I love the look of this card, Verna, and the colors are wonderful! I'm happy that you can make a pretty card, even if you learned something else

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...