Monday, May 25, 2015

Positively Negative Get Well


Today is Memorial Day and I hope all of you are remembering all those who served and gave of themselves so that we might enjoy our freedoms. Also many of us remember our loved ones who have gone on before us by visiting their grave sites and placing flowers on the graves. Many families get together too, and usually this holiday weekend marks the beginning of summer for most.

Anyway, now to the card I made today. I just love to use as much of a die as I can and so for this card I chose to use the negative part of the die and added pattern paper behind it to make some pretty flowers for my Get Well card.


Earlier on a card I used the Cheery Lynn Designs DL 218 Manon's Wedding Garland die which I had cut from white card stock to create a card, so today I used the negatives from that and added beautiful pattern paper from the Gina K. Designs Delicate Essentials Pattern Paper Pack behind the flowers. I placed this onto a positive oval die cut of bright pink using the Spellbinder Grand Calibur Ovals set.

Next I mounted this onto a dark brown card stock panel before I placed it on the A2 card base of white card stock. I added glitter infused brown buttons to the center of the flowers and brown rhinestone bling around the outer part of the garland die. Where there was a hole from the negative die I placed the sentiment from Gina K. Designs Mountain Wilderness set illustrated by Theresa Momber. To dress up the card even more I added the Cheery Lynn Designs B162 Lace Corner Deco B embellishments with the same color of pink card stock.

The inside is complimentary to the outside as I added some of the same pattern paper and layered it onto the pink and brown card stock to create a strip.

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge-Anything Goes
Mod Squad Blog Challenge-Positively Negative

We are having a rainy Memorial Day here and it is a quiet celebration for us. We took flowers to the graves on Friday evening. And we did get company Saturday and enjoyed a visit with our daughter and granddaughter. Today I decided since it was raining it was crafting time for me. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope your weekend has been a good one.

God bless,
Verna


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lots of beautiful accents to look at here! I love the corner die cuts and your pretty backed flowers and the peek of DP on the inside as well. Very pretty!

Lisa Babitz said...

The negative of the Manon's Wedding Garland die with the flower cut-outs makes a very interesting and beautiful card panel! I love that patterned paper behind your flowers and the buttons and gems you added. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us over at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.

shulsart said...

Lovely way to use up your left overs from die cuts, Verna. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Barbara said...

A very cheery get well card. Love how the flowers peek out and the corner accents go so well with them. Great when you can use all of the parts of a die. Negative and positive.

Judy Woodland said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the corner treatments and your color choices. Great take on the challenge, well done!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty framing

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Verna. I hope the receiver is well and truly better after receiving such a lovely card.

Peanut said...

Love how you've incorporated the various die cuts to make this pretty card. I'm sure the recipient will love it.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Great card, Love pink and brown together and using negatives as w

Karen said...

Verna, Your card is fabulous! Loving the bling with the dies and sweet flowers! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge...good luck!

Eva said...

What a beautiful card! Love your color combo and the pretty flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! I love using the negative portions of die cuts - especially when they create a pretty frame, or reveal something interesting beneath. Always a treat visiting your blog to see what new techniques you are sharing! love, de

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...