Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Duck Pond

Today I want to share a card I thought might work as a Father's Day card or even a birthday card. It is more masculine in nature and I just love the look achieved with the gorgeous background I made with Ken Oliver Color Burst water color granules.


For the background I used glossy card stock and added my yellow and blue Color Bursts granules, spritzed with water and watched the magic. After studying it over for several days I decided this was to be a water scene.

I used a sponge dauber to create that big bold sun over the upper portion of the panel. Then I took a Three Fir Trees image from I Brake for Stamps and stamped that in black dye ink to make a horizon point. Where I wanted the sentiment placed I masked off that area and only inked up a portion of the stamp image so that it appeared to be shorter trees in that area. I carefully added a bit more water lines with my fine line black ink pen and finished the card by adding the Duck Pond die image from Die-Namites. I had to cut off one cat tail at the left end since it was a bit too long for my A2 size card but it still looks fantastic to me. The sentiment is also from I Brake for Stamps and is in the Stampinback line on one of their sheets.

I am entering this into the Scrapy Land Challenge #17-Anything Goes.

Well, that will pretty much end my creativity for the week I think. I will be having company on the weekend so I best continue the cleaning of my dusty house. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

  1. Love your background for that cute die. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!! I love the scene you've created!! That Duck Pond die is awesome!! What a fabulous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! The duck pond is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #17!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Ken are an unbeatable team! Fantastic masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Verna..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love those Die-Namite dies? So creative!! And I have not tried the glossy card stock yet. I need to, I love the look on your card. Very nice, great scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for a guy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the scene you created! Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those duck dies are amazing, Verna. I must have it. Colour Burst granules? That's new to me...and the colours are stunning. You're am artist, my friend!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog posts and for all the wonderful comments.