Thursday, April 21, 2016

Cherry Blossom Birthday

The need for another birthday card prompted me to make this card using the Cherry Blossoms set by Inspired by Stamping. I also chose to use my Color Bursts to water color the design. I did this by putting a bit of powder of the chosen colors on a palette and then just dipped my brush in water and picked up the color.


I used Tim Holtz water color paper for the main design which was cut out with a cross stitched stacker die. I also die cut another panel of black card stock to use as a mat for the focal panel. Both of these panels then were added to a pink card base. I finished the card by adding a die cut Happy Birthday. To make a bit more dimension in the cherry blossoms I also added some white using a Uni Posca white paint pen.


Dies used:
Cheery Lynn Designs Happy Birthday CARA-10
Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders Style No. 99124

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Scrapy Land Challenge
Mod Squad Blog Challenge
Double D's Challenge

It is always a pleasure to read your comments and I want you to know I so appreciate you stopping in and looking at what I have created. Have a good evening!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Darlene said...

Very pretty Verna! I love that cross stitched die set and your coloring is fabulous! YOU GO GIRL!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful water coloring, and I love your design. And I am coveting those cross stitch dies....love the effect!! Great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad Challenge!
Judy~Mod Squad Host

Patti said...

ooooh beautiful! I have never heard of powdered water color paints! What a beautiful job you did with them!!

This card is delightful! you should consider adding it to the Seize the Birthday challenge!! : ) it would be a wonderful addition to the gallery!

Patti

Donna Phelan said...

Love all of the stitched frames and those beautiful blossoms! Fabulous!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, another pretty card for our Double D April Showers Challenge! These flowers will be received with great joy. Aren't they pretty! Lovely watercoloring with your Color Bursts. So glad you could join us, Verna!

Shari M said...

Very pretty Verna. sorry been off line for a bit and have not commented all week. :)

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful use of the color burst water colors, Verna! Lovely card design sure to please your birthday recipient! I so admire the way you experiment with mediums and master them so wonderfully. Hugs, de

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super pretty! Thanks for joining in at DD's and Mod Squad~

Diane said...

Beautiful card Verna...such pretty flowers!! Thank you for joining us at Double D for our 'April Showers/Spring Flowers' challenge!

Asha said...

Beautifully coloured, Verna. Really very well done.
x Asha