Thursday, July 14, 2016

Silly Rudolph

This afternoon I finished up a little Christmas scene in which I used Jillian Vance Designs Woodland set, pattern paper from the Gina K. Designs Sparkling Christmas pack, the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frames Border die, Memento inks, Bic Mark-It alcohol ink pens and a red rhinestone from Eyelet Outlet.



My card base was red duplex. I layered the pattern paper onto that and then after die cutting the focal scene design I layered that onto a thin layer of green card stock and placed that on top of the pattern paper. Once the sentiment was stamped I also added a thin layer of the green card stock to that and fussy cut the cardinal image and added that on the corner of the sentiment. The last thing I did was add the red rhinestone to Rudolph's nose.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge-Create a Scene
Crop Stop Linky Party #18 Challenge-Anything Goes

I just love those cute little deer images and had so much fun working with the stamps on this set. It really is getting me in a holiday mood to do Christmas cards.

Well, I enjoyed this and now it is back to the craft/kitchen table to do more delightful things. Have a great evening everyone! And as always thanks for the lovely comments.

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Cute images and perfect little scene.

Rushd Lady said...

Have all your Christmas cards done yet? grin! Cute reindeer! =0)

Donna Phelan said...

ADORABLE! Man, you are going to have all of your Christmas cards completed before I even get out any red and green card stock and ink. This is super cute, love it!

Karen D. said...

I think it's sweet and not silly at all...good for you getting so many cards for Christmas done!! I have made 1 ughh...
Hope you have a great wknd.
TFS and hugs,
Karen

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, those little reindeer are just so stinkin' CUTE!!! I love all your elements here, great design and paper choices. You certainly are getting ahead of the game with your Christmas cards this year. I know you will be happy to have them done.

Barbara said...

ADORABLE!!! just the coolest card ever.

Shari M said...

This is so cut and love the colour combo. Traditional but not really with the nice shades of greens.

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, your Little Rudolf is darling! It's a lovely card design, Verna! Hugs, de

Jo Nevill said...

I love the scene you have created here.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

Jo x