Friday, December 8, 2017

2017 Winter Coffee Blog Hop Day 1

Well, I am so happy that I tried something other then a card for this 2017 Winter Coffee Blog hop. It took a bit of learning to do it but I was so happy with the outcome and pleased that I could make a fun way to give a gift of some hot cocoa packets. I  used the 3D Cup Template from The Cutting Cafe. Now I don't have the SVG capabilities but the nice thing about these designs is that Regina Easter also makes them in PDF form so that people like me can still use them by cutting the images out by hand.



Regina also includes a sentiment sheet which comes in really handy as well. I plan to use this cup as part of a gift this Christmas to give some hot cocoa packets in a gift basket.. The circle dies used were from Gina Marie Designs and Gina K. Designs. The card stock, pattern paper and the ribbon I used are from Gina K. Designs.

I did find out with this process that I did not have big enough sheets of pattern paper for the most part so I had to piece my designer paper to make it work. I know many really decorate their cups a lot more but for me this was a big accomplishment already.

Thanks for checking my blog post and for commenting and I hope many of you can join in the fun of the hop too.

God bless,
Verna

34 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so lovely! Fun project. I was really hoping this blog hop would be after Christmas. I am not sure if I will be able to participate or not. Thanks for sharing!

MariLynn said...

What a fabulous project. I can see all the love and time that went into making it Great job.

Karen Aicken said...

This is so creative and clever. Not to mention CUTE!!! Great job!

Monika Reeck said...

woooww I love youre cup here
lovely Christmas tree there...and nice bright happy color
CUTE and sweet
love this Verna
hugs
Monika

Sheri Gilson said...

Verna, what a fun Coffee project! Love it! ❤️

Dandi93 said...

Cute cocoa cup Verna....what a fun project

~amy~ said...

This is fantastic! Love it and what a great Giftie!

Donna Ellis said...

This is darling and so ingenious, Verna! Beautiful colors and a wonderful way of sharing goodies or making name place cards. Xx

Carol L said...

This is so cute and fun, and like you - I have to cut things by hand, so I appreciate all the work that went into this! I'd rather create things like this than cards to be honest :)

New Creations said...

Love the Christmas tree backing papers to create this cute coffee cup, so wonderful!

Barbara said...

Well, look at you! So creative and this is the bomb! This is a fun way to give a gift of hot cocoa.

Kathy Krug said...

What a fun project and great gift idea.

Billie A said...

cut cup and awesome papers

Shylaashree said...

adorable cup and lovely colours

Donna Phelan said...

This is the cutest! Love the colors and design and the sweet little treat too!

Birgit said...

What a fun and totally adorable project! I love the papers you used. What a fun gift to make, give and receive.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so adorable. How fun to make something other than a card. I might have to CASE this, super cute paper and design. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Joyce Erb said...

This is so darn cute! You did a reat job and love the paper

Lisa said...

Fantastic! Love that Cutting Cafe 3D mug! And love that you used the pdf version... I just may pull that one out this week! Love your beautiful design and the papers you chose and love the ribbon around the top and bottom!

Lori Turner said...

I think you did an amazing job on this! Thanks for the link I am going to try these out for my nieces and nephew!!

Hetty said...

Wow, Verna, what a beautiful cup you made!
And without a cutting machine it looks perfect.
What a great gift!

Unknown said...

So much fun, would work for the coffee lovers too, put in the little pods, or a small bag of beans. Another great post.

Laurie Unger said...

Wow! this is fabulous!

Beverly S. said...

This is great! I'm so glad you could cut this out by hand. I am just learning how to do svg files with my ScanNCut2....hard for me because I'm not a "computer genius." :) Again, very pretty and what a nice gift!

Helen Gullett said...

Super fun cup gift holder! Love it!

Shelly said...

This is too cute!!

Chrissy Larson said...

What a super cool gift idea and I love the pattern on the "mug".

Fikreta said...

its awesome!

Macimbalo said...

Love this Verna!!!

Holly aka Toy said...

What a cheery, warm gift. Very well done.

Lyn said...

Love love love this cup <3 what an awesome gift it makes

Bunny said...

I don't have SVG either so I love that you can cut this out. It's super cute. [Bunny]

Traci Cooley said...

Love this project, perfect for the holidays.

Helen Gullett said...

Cerna, that cup is super fantastic. Love the patterned papers you use.
For sure it is a fun way of giving hot cocoa :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...