Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Coffee Hop Entry-Day 6

I made a card for this entry into the 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and used a hot cocoa mug and deer die set I won one other year from doing the hop. The die set used is from Gina Marie Designs. I thought it quite appropriate as this is National Hot Cocoa Day.


I die cut the front panel with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Border Frame die and then added all to a red card stock base. The sentiment and the steam are from Gina K. Designs as is the pattern paper. The ribbon I used is from Crafter's Companion. I thought it matched the pattern paper fairly well. I used some small gems to decorate the deer's face. I think he looked like Rudolph to me. Hahaa!

I must say I am enjoying doing projects again for the hop. I hope you can join in too as there are a lot of prizes up for grabs. Thanks for the visit and for your wonderful comments. I'm off to have me some hot cocoa now.

God bless,
Verna

21 comments:

New Creations said...

I love the striking combo of papers and the Rudolph is super cute, a great addition to gems! Love that gorgeous matching, enhances the beauty of this pretty card!

MariLynn said...

Super cute. Love the little reindeer. The sweater paper on your cup looks so comfy and warm.

Shelly said...

This is wonderful! Love that cup!

Viktoriya Porechnaya said...

Great cup with cute deer!

~amy~ said...

Love the classic red + white nordic look!

Sharon Fontenot said...

I find those sweater print papers so hard to use, but you seem to have done it - fantastically!

Eve said...

So cute! Love shiny Rudolph's nose! wow, You've been "hopping" since day 1! I just had made ONE card, but plan to make two more before blog hop ends, incld. honoring hot cocoa day, today (will be tomorrow to finish it! lol).

Darnell said...

You have really managed to capture warmth with your design, Verna! Love the sweater-clad cup of cocoa with the sweet reindeer and that awesome ribbon!! Happy Holiday hugs! Verna says hi!! Darnell

Billie A said...

pretty card and I love the added reindeer on the cup.

Donna Ellis said...

SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL, Verna! I love the colors, papers, and textures on this amazing creation, and your darling little Rudolph so artfully and imaginatively "painted" onto your mug! I'm with you - hot cocoa is what I like - and I could smell this all the way in Florida! Beautifully done. hugs, de

Judy Woodland said...

Awe - LOVE that cute little reindeer. Great paper piecing too. Super adorable.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card, Verna! Love the super cute reindeer cup!

Lisa said...

Oh I didn't see THAT paper! Love it! Love your sweater patterned mug and that ribbon!! Beautiful card!

Andrea W said...

Your coffee cup is darling with the cute Rudolph. Love it!

Helen F. said...

Look at the cute reindeer face! Such a sweet card!

Marianne said...

So fun!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the patterned paper for your mug!

Barb said...

A really lovely card Verna. The Nordic paper is so pretty and I love the cute reindeer. Barbxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute..
xx Karen

Dandi93 said...

My favorite of the morning, not just because I'm drinking my coffee but I love your use of the sweater print for your cup.... It gives that extra warm feeling

Greta said...

Sweet card with the cute reindeer head!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...