Thursday, December 14, 2017

Final Card

This is my last project I did for the 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. My card is a very CAS design but I still love it. I am posting this for International Tea Day a bit early as I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and then later in the day we hope to get to our granddaughter's pre-school Christmas program. So time is limited tomorrow. Any time I do have at home will be used to check as many of the contributors designs for the hop and post some comments.


I named this card Christmas Tea. I got this cute little stamp set in a bargain section at Crafter's Companion named Verity Rose Cupcake Accessories.  The little coffee or tea pot had a floral design on it but I masked it off before stamping and then I hand drew in some holly to make it more festive looking before I colored it. I used my Copics.

I added a sentiment from Gina K. Designs which was in clear acrylic but to make it look in a rounded way I bent it on the stamping block. Then I stamped the small cupcakes. After coloring this design  I cut it using Gina K Designs Small Double Stitched Circle Die and also an outer layer with her Large Single Stitched Circle Die. My background paper is from Gina K. Designs too. I chose to color the images with the same colors as the pattern paper.

Well I am glad I could take part in the hop again this time around. I know I did not make so many projects but this is certainly a busy time of year so that I think was understandable. At any rate, I sure had fun. Thanks so much for your visits and comments and I hope you are enjoying all the festivities of the season.

God bless,
Verna

23 comments:

Greta said...

What a pretty card! Very clever to add the holly & make this for the holiday--love it!

New Creations said...

This is absolutely fun and festive creation, love it!

Billie A said...

pretty card and love the gold.

Barbara said...

You took that background paper and embellished it with the cute circle with the delish looking cupcakes and a pot of tea. How super inviting.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun twist for Christmas! Love the holly teapot and your yummy cupcakes. Cute card for sure.

Judy Woodland said...

Such a cute card. I love that background paper, it really makes the focal image pop! Great coloring too!

laurie said...

This is so fun! What an awesome card Verna.LOVE the gold!

~amy~ said...

Yum to coffee + donuts. That sounds delish.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that background -- really pretty card

MariLynn said...

Such a pretty card. Love your CAS design. I really like the background. It made me kind of think of the curtains at the theatre that my kids used to have concerts in. The wavy line reminded me of the way the fabric would flow. I guess that makes your image centerstage and star of the show.

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty card I love your background Verna

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and sweet all in one!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty card, Verna! Love the background!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Love your background and tea and cupcakes...yum!

Helen F. said...

Your card is a sweet treat, Verna!

Brenda said...

Verna, this is soooo pretty. I love the background, it definitely sets the scene for your gorgeous teapot and cupcakes.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you were able to play along too! Thanks for so much inspiration! Love this one too... especially your handdrawn holly! Awesome!

Marianne said...

Such a fun and festive Christmas tea party, Verna. And your hand-drawn holly is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments. They are greatly appreciated.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Marianne x

Donna Phelan said...

This is delightful and oh so yummy! Merry Merry!

Eve said...

This is very pretty! Using matching colors with background paper for the cupcakes! Nice! Happy holidays!

Carol L said...

What a totally cute card with the teapot and those cute cupcakes! I especially like the background paper you chose for this, making it very festive and fun!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How pretty! Love the background!

Barb said...

A beautiful card Verna and very yummy looking too. I hope you enjoyed your afternoon at your granddaughter,s school. Barbxx

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...