Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Ombre Geometric Valentine

Since I had that Hero Arts Ombre Spring Brights ink pad out on my crafting surface I decided to use it with a set from Gina K. Designs called Geo Thanks. There are cool geometric designs on this set as well as sentiments. I chose to use the two step heart images to make a CAS Valentine design.


I am not sure if I should have done the black lined area first or the solid area first. But I went with the solid first and then stamped over it with the lined image. Both images have the lines and as you can see I did not exactly align perfectly as some of the white is still showing here and there. But for me I loved it and thought it just added a bit more of interest to the design. I used my MISTI to stamp them onto a white panel and then I die cut it out with the MFT Die-Namics Wonky Stitched Border die set. I then simply added to a panel of yellow and then again onto the white card base. After stamping the sentiment from the set I then added three black rhinestone gems.


Inside I stamped the smaller heart design which is included in the set and then used a sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Fancy Flowers stamp set. I thought that sentiment expressed my wish perfectly for the friend it is being sent to.

Well, it is warming up with lots and lots of wind. But then in a day or so it is once again getting cold. And, with the strong winds today it does not seem as warm as the thermometer says. So it is in fact chilly in this old farm house today. I think part of it is because we  have had very little moisture and the boards are all dried out and don't quite mesh as well and therefore let the wind and cold in a bit more. Oh, well! That is life in South Dakota. One never knows what to expect with the weather. It seems to change daily from one extreme to another.

You all have a great day. Thanks for the visits too.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

MaryH said...

Very pretty, and the white doesn't jump out, so it looks fine to me. (didn't notice until you said!) Liked your idea of doing the ombre with this pretty geometric heart, probably has lots of possibilities in designing with the set. You're rocking Gina's stamps of late. TFS & glad you had some better temps. We're having the same, warms up, but the air has an icy quality that doesn't jive with what the thermometers are telling us. We can get our worst weather in Feb or early March. I expect SD is much more frosty than Piedmont area of SC! Plus our area is down in sort of a 'cup' with the Smokey Mtns, and we get some protection from that. (also a bad allergy place!) Hugs

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is such a very very cool look for a valentine! I do love the ombre within the hearts. The ombre matches well with the geometric. I wasn’t able to make a purchase with Gina’s last release, but this was my very favorite set of the release. Enjoy!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome ombre! I really love this color combo of yellow, orange and pink!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love those sponged hearts! Turned out fabulous

Carol L said...

This is beautifully done, and I love the colors and wonky stitched edges! Gorgeous valentine for sure!

Barbara said...

I love your little hearts, they look like gems on this card.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great make Verna. The lines on the hearts look like they've been embossed - the white makes the lines look shiny! The ombre ink pad was a great choice. Very neat design indeed.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors of those hearts! So Pretty!

Brenda in IN said...

Your ombre look on the hearts is just lovely. I like the geometric look of them. We have had the weirdest weather ever this year. Sunday it was 54, Monday it was a wind chill of 10 with a temp. of 19. Today it will be 47. Winter coat one day, light jacket the next.

Judy Woodland said...

This is just gorgeous, Verna!!! I love those colors, and I think you have used that stamp set perfectly. I was wondering how you achieved that look until I read your post. This is getting pinned!!!

Kathy Krug said...

One of the best CAS designs I have seen in awhile. Love how you did the hearts.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Nancy said...

Fabulous card Verna! I also have to Congratulate you on your win over at Twofer! That is Amazing!!!! So well deserved!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty...love the warmth of the colours you used.
xx Karen

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic idea to make those hearts especially interesting, Verna! Your ombre is beautifully blended with lovely, happy colors! Great card! hugs, de

Greta said...

The hearts are so beautiful! Really love that ink pad!

Lisa said...

I do LOVE this set and I like how the black is offset a bit... it gives it some dimension and a look of shine... awesome card!

Macimbalo said...

Such a cool designs! And I love your colors too!

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful inking on these wonderful hearts. i' like the geometric look of the hearts too!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...