Thursday, June 21, 2018

Coffee for Two

This time around at the Mod Squad Challenge the theme is Coffee, Tea and Summer. I used the Stamplorations Pocket Blooms and Framed Coffee for Two stamp sets to create this card design. I think this will be a great card for an anniversary or even a wedding.


I stamped repeatedly the daisies around my card panel with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Jet Black ink. Then I took Copics and colored in the frame I created. I fussy cut that frame out and placed it on a white card base. Next I stamped the coffee cups design also in Amalgam Jet Black ink and colored that with Copics. I cut that out as well leaving a border of white around it and then layered it onto a piece of black card stock. This was then added over the daisy frame I made to finish the card design.

I have been wanting to make a frame with those daisies ever since I purchased the stamp set and finally I have done it. And, I am very happy with the results too.

Thanks for the visit and I think this will be the final card for this week. I hope your weekend is a great one.

God bless,
Verna

21 comments:

Carol L said...

Who knew daisies could make such a pretty frame? Love your idea for this pretty card!

Liz said...

Super card, Verna. The daisies make a lovely frame. xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

It's so pretty, Verna! I agree - it would be great for an anniversary card!

Dandi93 said...

Pretty card Verna, I absolutely love your daisy frame

Barbara said...

Absolutely a great card with the daisies framing the coffee cups. What a great idea and done well.

Brenda in IN said...

I love that daisy frame but oh my, what a lot of fussy cutting! Not sure my eyes would hold up for that. Cute idea for wedding and anniversary cards. Have a great weekend.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very creative Verna! Loving the colors and the daisies make an awesome frame.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE THIS......your flowers are colored beautifully and I love how you have placed that cute focal on top. Well done, very cool card!

scraphappyAnnie said...

Beautiful card! So happy to see it in the MOD Squad Challenge.

Annie -MOD Squad DT.

Doreen said...

Love the image, a gorgeous card.xxx

Donna Phelan said...

Such an interesting design! I love the florals and of course I adore the coffee lol Great card!

laurie said...

Great idea! The daisies make a beautiful frame.SO creative!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cool idea! Would never have thought of that! LOVE it! I wish you a Happy Birthday, Verna! I totally missed it on my calendar (my life sucks right now, way too much work), so no card from me this year. So sorry. Just a lame comment. I hope next year will be better.... Hugs, Cornelia

Lisa said...

This is SO awesome! Love those flowers as a frame! What a great way to use them and love how you've colored everything... Gorgeous!

Inkyfingers said...

Your daisy frame is beautiful Verna and you have coloured the flowers beautifully. I love the fun coffee cup panel!
Hugs
Carol x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card using these images! Well done~

Greta said...

Very cute combining the flowers with the coffee cups!

Diane said...

FABULOUS card..wow, I love this , what great stamps!!! Sorry so late to 'arrive' but we have been on vacation and leave again on the 29th for nine days and no internet, how will I survive? lol!!

MaryH said...

Love the use of this great GK flower used as a frame around your coffee cups. It made such a pretty look, cleverly designed focal image, and you are just rocking this 'thinking out of the box' idea! You've turned the coffee cups image into something so lovely. TFS

Johanna said...

such a pretty card Verna. Love the flowers as the frame, would never have thought of doing that myself, but it works and probably the idea will eventually find itself on one of my own creations.

wannabcre8tive said...

A pretty card, Verna. I love the pretty daisy frame and you have colored it beautifully. That is a perfect frame for the cups.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...