Thursday, July 26, 2018

Happy Trees

My friend Rosy recently showed a card she had made with this same stamp set I am  using today. In fact, her fun card was the enabler for me to order the set for myself. And, it must have been meant to be because another friend Mary has been very ill but she managed to send me a belated birthday card and she mentioned that her grandson loved to watch Bob Ross do paintings. So for that reason I made this card and sent it to her to pass on to her grandson if she wishes.


Now Rosy's card was much more professional looking and mine of course showed off quite a few happy accidents but even so I was pleased with my simple scene and did have a blast making it. The stamp set I used is from Kindred Stamps and is called Happy Accidents.

I was so excited that I even went on the internet and watched some of Bob Ross's videos showing how he painted his works. Wow! He makes it look so easy. I only had markers to work with. I wish I had a bit of his talent and maybe working with the right supplies might help.

At any rate I am also going to post this in Patti's blog where she wanted cards that might make her smile. She had some disappointing news lately so I hope this one gives her one or two!

Thanks for the visit and have a great rest of the week.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Carol L said...

This is a wonderful card, and I used to be completely mesmerized watching Bob paint on tv! Maybe it was the fact he spoke just above a whisper, but I was captivated by watching him paint! Great card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How cute is this! Before I "read" your blurb, I instantly knew this Bob Ross! LOL - you did good :)

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, my! What a beautiful rendition!!! I love your "Bob" and his hair! Look at all the happy clouds and trees :D It's going to bring some serious delight to your friend's son. He'll be thrilled :*

Doreen said...

Such a cute card.xxx

Donna Phelan said...

Great card, he is sooooo adorable lol

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a riot Verna! You did Bob Ross proud! Love his hair especially. This will definitely produce smiles for the receivers.

Barbara said...

A very unique and fun card. You are so thoughtful to send it to your friend's son. I was surprised to hear that Pattie needed a hug and a laugh. Thanks for the information on that.

Mac Mable said...

Patti is sure to smile at your wonderful card. Loved reading how you came by your inspiration and what a great enabler Rosy is.....LOL x You sure looked like you had fun making this card what a great little piece of art on that easel x

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute, Verna! I read that a lot of people use Bob Ross videos to help them sleep, no kidding! His voice is so relaxing! Your card is adorable!

laurie said...

This was a fun post to read...I remember watching him too...very clever card!

Greta said...

Very cute little scene!

Dandi93 said...

I knew exactly who this was... fabulous card Verna... perfect scene

Diane said...

Very cute card Verna and it made 'me' smile as I am sure it did her. What a cute little stamp set, isn't it fun to be 'enabled'!!

Loll said...

Another great card Verna!! I LOVE watching Bob Ross paint. He was so talented. Wish I could do just a little of what he did. Great card ... I think it looks just like Bob!! Mary is going to love passing this on to her grandson.

Patti said...

My late mother was a HUGE fan of Bob Ross. She learned to paint at the age of 50 thanks to him and his inspiring classes!!

Speaking of inspiration!? you made my day with your delightful furry faced artist!! : ) Thank you my friend!

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Leslie Miller said...

My husband and I binged watched Bob Ross on Netflix a few nights. I used to watch him when I was a kid, too. Always fascinating! Oh, how I would love to do what he did. What a fun and cute card, Verna!

Lisa said...

O M G!! I didn't know this stamp existed!!...lol... awesome! Fun fun card and what a great reason to create it.. I'm sure it made her smile!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...