Sunday, July 21, 2019

Christmas In July~Christmas Theme

Christmas in July is the theme for the Mod Squad Challenge this time. And, I had made up some compressed sponge and ink refill backgrounds one other day on some glossy photo paper so I picked one of those and added a few elements I found laying around in my stash and created this Christmas card using Stamplorations stamps.



The stamps used for this card are from the Stamplorations Christmas Reindeer set. I happened to have an oval already cut out in green card stock using the Gina K. Designs large oval die. And, to that oval I stamped the sentiment and a few snowflakes which were also from that stamp set. The reindeer from the set I had done before and it was in my snippets box so I simply added that to the oval. He was colored in with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. The last thing added to the design was some blue rhinestones on the snowflakes and one small red one on the reindeer's nose.

Since today is Sunday I decided to make a card. I am still needing lots of Christmas cards so this was a good challenge to join in with.

I am also entering this in the Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge.



Have a great day and I so appreciate your visits to my blog.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I love that deer and your background is beautiful! The way the lines are a bit wavy makes it look very natural. Sorry I'm so late getting here, but we've been away camping and, as always, it's taking me forever to catch up with everything. I'm getting there!

Carol L said...

The greens and blues look wonderful together in that great plaid background design, and the whimsical little deer leaping onto the sentiment panel is too cute!

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful background indeed, and the reindeer is so cute!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab colours.xxx

Diane said...

Fabulous card and I love love that background, so pretty!!

TK said...

Cute card to add to your Christmas stash!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun background with the fun reindeer.

Lisa said...

Love that sweet reindeer .. and that background... yum!!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! What a fabulous background on the glossy! It looks like a combination of a warm, cozy shirt, those amazing brilliant northern lights, and the green of fir trees! Darling card, Verna! hugs, de

Greta said...

Missed this one, Verna, & I love it! Such a neat background!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...