Monday, July 22, 2019

Twofer Card Challenge #18-Garden

Well, I don't really do much for a flower garden as the only flowers I have are the ones that come back year after year. We do however make a vegetable garden but alas I have no vegetable stamps, dies or stencils so we shall go with a flower garden design for Darnell's Twofer Challenge this month. For these cards I used a stencil for my background designs.


The stencil used for both of the cards is the Stamplorations Artplorations Bold Florals. I just changed the colors for each card.

The thank you card also has some Washi tape from Stampin' Up! placed on it. And, the sentiment is a sticker from Stamplorations. I also added a few black sequins to it.



The sympathy one is a more clean and simple design with just the stenciled flowers and then the wonderful sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Memory in Our Heart stamp set. Due to the retirement of the owner Sparkle N Sprinkle is no longer in business. And, I know I will be missing their line.


Well, I am squeezing this in at the last moment more or less as the challenge closes in a couple days. It was a fun project and I enjoyed using the stencil and my Life Changing Blending Brushes to create these. The ink for the sentiment on the sympathy card is from Gina K. Designs.

Take care and see you next time I pop in. Thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

16 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Verna, what lovely color combinations you achieved in your sweetly inked flowers. The addition of black sequins and washi on your thank you card really make it pop! Thanks for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #18.

Diane said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!! Beautiful colors and once again you have inspired me to get out my stencils and brushes...you were the one that 'enabled' me to buy these brushes in the first place LOL...anyhow, like I said, beautiful cards!!

Carol L said...

The colors and designs for your Twofer look amazing! Love that pretty flower that takes center stage!

Brenda in IN said...

I love those soft colors on both cards and that stencil. Pretty washi tape too.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful sponging, Verna. I love the colors you chose.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That stenciling is very pretty! You have created such pretty blends and great color combos. Nice work here.

Leslie Miller said...

These are both so very soft and pretty, Verna. The black makes your colors pop more on the thank you card, but it still has a soft look and I love that. Your sympathy card imparts a sense of peace and calm. I see Diane said you enabled her to buy the brushes, and I have to say you enabled me, as well. I got the less expensive ones, but they're awesome and I love them. Glad you squeezed this in for our Twofer challenge!

Darnell said...

That's a beautiful stencil, one of the first ones I purchased! I haven't had a chance yet to try blending it with my mind-bending brushes, so thank you for the inspiration, Verna! Your colors are gorgeous on each card and I love the pretty Washi on your thank you card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

TK said...

Beautiful cards, and you just do wonders with those brushes! Love that washi on the one too!

Barbara said...

I always look forward to your twofer challenge entries. This one is exceptionally great.

Mac Mable said...

You have done an amazing job with the very pretty flower stencil and the colours are glorious Verna x. Your cards are beautiful and so very eye catching x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the stencil in both cards. Sure made a pretty sympathy card

Shona Erlenborn said...

These are both so pretty Verna, I love the soft pastel look and then the more vivid design.The blending of the colors is beautifully done.

Lisa said...

These are beautiful! Awesome stenciling!

laurie said...

Your stenciled florals are so pretty! So soft and beautiful!

Greta said...

Beautiful stencil that looks great in both color combos!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...