Sunday, August 25, 2019

Cowboy Up!

I realized that most of the Get Well cards I had on hand were pretty much feminine styled so I decided to make one that was more masculine. I used the Gina K. Designs Wreath Builder Stencil template to make a scene using two different Gina K. Designs stamp sets, namely Out West and Out West 2 which are both designed by Theresa Momber.


It was a spur of the moment idea to make a card with a western theme and I think I like how it turned out. All the inks used were Gina K. Designs and I also added a bit of gray Prismacolor pencil to the horse shoes.

Well, guess this will be entered in the monthly challenge at Gina K. Designs. They are asking for masculine cards.

Thanks for visiting and I hope your Sunday was as productive as mine. Just so fun to stamp cards and especially so on a rainy day. Take care all and see you next time!

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Judy Inukai said...

Super card Verna. I love how the horseshoes work with the Wreath Builder. The rider works perfectly in the center. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great masculine get well! Great sentiment and love how you encircled the cowboy with the horse shoes!

Carol L said...

"It was a spur of the moment idea" - haha, I'm chuckling over the pun you made in the description that goes perfectly with this western-themed card! Great job on this great get well card for the cowboys!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a neat idea to use this theme with the wreath builder. And I agree, it is easier to just make a get well card with flowers, but it is better to have some masculine ones too. Well done!

Diane said...

Fabulous and fun card Verna...very creative!!

Brenda in IN said...

That is a fun, great masculine card. We are having a rainy day here today and I have craft plans too.

Liz said...

Super masculine Get Well card, Verna. Love the fun design. xx

Greta said...

What a great masculine card--very fun!

Kathy Krug said...

i love the design and the sentiment. How clever to make a wreath from the horshoes and the stars just add another layer of fun.

Karen Dunbrook said...

hello mf...sorry it has been so long since I have come to visit.
Hope you are well. what a great card...love how you did this. Would be super for a guy.
I am so busy right now, just came off of a holiday and I have a new baby that just started plus my 4 other kiddos. It's been a busy time.
Looking forward to the long wknd.
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful masculine card with an amazing spur wreath....so creative and fun....even though it is a get well card x

TK said...

Great use of that GK builder! I reckon it turned out pretty wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow! How fabulous! The most amazing things can be done with that wreath builder. What a great stamp set. I love LOVE the barbed wire!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a wonderful masculine get well card! Love the cowboy theme! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K. Designs!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is a fun card, Verna! Great one for a man! I need one of those wreath builder stencils, so cool!

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute masculine card. Love the way you have used the horseshoe die. The sentiment is great.

Dandi93 said...

What a great idea using the stars and horseshoes for a wreath... Fun and creative

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...