Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Clean and Simple Christmas Card

The past few days I have been putting in a lot more effort into making Christmas cards. This is the set I worked on today. As you can see it is a very CAS design but I feel it fully expresses the real reason for the season. I hope you like it.


The stamps used for this card are from the Joy Clair Away in a Manger stamp set. It was one of the first sets I ordered from that line and I still love it to this day. The images and sentiment were stamped with Gina K. Designs Obsidian Amalgam ink. I colored the Christ Child with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. Then I finished by using my blending brushes and adding color around the star. The last thing I did was to stamp a verse inside the card so now it is ready for sending come this Christmas season.

Over the next few weeks I intend to work on more Christmas designs and will share them with you occasionally. I am cutting down on my submissions to challenges too. I may only enter once instead of multiple times. I find that I now have so many things that at times it can be a bit overwhelming. And that is not a good thing for letting the muse do it's work. I never thought I would say that but even though I have given lots of stamps and things to others I still find I have more then I need. And I have so many things that have not been shown any love  too.

And, the fact that my income is less and does not go as far plays into the factor too. Many things I used to buy for the home and health use are hard to find now and if I do they are more spendy. So far we have not gotten the government stimulus but I think maybe by the first of June we may have it as well. That will help with food and other needs. We are not starving at all, so don't think that. But personal things like toilet paper and over the counter type medicines and supplements are scarce.

Well, see you next time. Take care and stay well.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Verna, this is absolutely beautiful! It looks like you made a few of them, too. Nice work! I sure feel you about the prices and scarcity of items. We need to be more sensible and practical these days. Honestly, the stamping supplies I haven't used yet will keep me busy for a long while!

Bunny said...

The cards are beautiful.

Hopefully your stimulus check comes soon. It would be nice when it does if you can find what you need. [Bunny]

Lisa K said...

This is gorgeous! I recognized that manger the minute I saw your card. I do not own that set, but remember seeing it and liking it very much. Yes, many items are scarce and a bit more expensive when you can find them, so totally understand your thoughts. Take care, create when you can and feel up to it, and enjoy your day! God will keep providing even if that check takes forever to show up.

Lisa Babitz said...

Great Christmas card set. Beautiful coloring and sponging. Great idea to keep up with making your Christmas cards; it will be here before we know it (with respect to card making)!

I, too, have not been participating in many weekly challenges. I don't enjoy the time pressure any more and just want to create when I feel inspired or if I have a specific card need at that moment. It's supposed to be fun, right?! And, yes, it does become overwhelming when there are so many tools and supplies from which to choose. I think we all need to approach card making in a way that makes each of us happy.

Hopefully, the current health crisis with all the related complications will end soon so that does not continue to be a challenge. Hang in there.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so precious....great idea to get a start on the holiday cards, I've made a few but need to get motivated to make some more.
blessings mf.
xx Karen

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a beautiful card with the sweetest image. I hear you about all the stuff and the time. I will break out my NBUS things and play there soon. I don't need anything so I'm backing off buying.

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous CAS Christma card and absolutely perfect Verna x. I totally understand about cutting back etc and you sure have made the right decision x. Sending hugs x

TK said...

This is certainly a beauty, Verna! Perfect card for a special season, one to definitely behold.
We look forward to ANY cards you may share and pray for provision of all your needs

Greta said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Verna!

kiwimeskreations said...

Exquisite card Verna - I too love a simple Christmas design that speaks of Christ.
Sorry to hear that things are becoming hard to find. We have had some shortages, but nothing much, in the grand scheme of things, and not for long either.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas card that displays the true meaning of the season!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a sweet card

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful set of Christmas cards Verna, love the CAS style

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is so wonderful in its simplicity! It captures the spirit of Christmas!

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful! Faith-based Christmas cards are my favorite!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...