Thursday, June 25, 2020

June Rudolph Days

Sorry I have been not around but life has been busy with company starting on Father's Day weekend and then again Tuesday and now this morning two of our grandsons arrived to spend a couple days. They want to get some fishing in with Grandpa. The summer is flying by fast and when the oldest one works so many days it is hard for him to get away to visit.

So not a lot of time for crafting lately but however, I did manage to get a couple cards done. See I had to play with a new die cutting machine I got from Altenew called Mini Blossom and a new Altenew stamp and die set  combo called Peaceful Wreath. The dies are smaller ones and that is what my Mini Blossom is to be used for. This way I don't have to drag out the big die cutting machine which works well yet but is still more cumbersome. This is a small machine and sets on the table without taking up a lot of space. It was a free shipping promotion at Altenew so I decided I needed to treat myself to a birthday present. I sure do like it too. Anyway, here are the cards I made with these sets.



I really like this done up in a wreath. The stamp set is a multi-layering one. And I love the sentiments that came with the stamp set too. Now below is the second CAS card I made.


For this one I used the individual holly leaves and berries and the same sentiment as on the first card. And again these are multi-layering images. I think these stamps and dies will be getting lots of use.

I am entering this into the June Rudolph Days Challenge. 

Thanks for the visit and I hope all is going well with you too. I will be having company over the Fourth as well so hopefully, we can all stay well and be okay. We are resisting hugging though which I so miss. So until next time, take care.

God bless,
Verna

24 comments:

mamapez5 said...

Lovely clean and simple cards. You do a better job with the stamp and die sets than I do. I haven't heard of that machine, but we don't get a lot of Altenew items over here. Perfect sentiment on your cards too. Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Verna,
Happy Rudolf Days.
I love both your cards made with the Altenew stamps and dies.
They are so beautiful and very crisp and clean designs.
Your new machine sounds wonderful good on you treating yourself for your Birthday.
Belated Birthday wishes.
My late husband loved to fish too and sometimes I used to help till one day I spied a grass snake and never ventured again.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sandra H said...

Both cards are truly gorgeous traditional wreaths are my favourite lovely white backgrounds makes them crisp designs x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love these. That holly is fabulous on both cards 😀

Lisa Babitz said...

I love how you came up with 2 beautiful card designs with the same stamp and die set; they both look amazing! Love the traditional colors and the clean design of both.

TK said...

Beautiful! Love these, Verna, and they'll be great additions to your Christmas stash -- always a bonus :o)

Take care, stay well, and we'll be here when time permits

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous CAS cards Verna - love the clean crisp stamping with the multi-layers - it gives the images great depth.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fantastic cards Verna, I love the wreath and the way it's around the sentiment. Enjoy your time with your grand children. Thank you for taking part in this months Rudolph Days Challenge.

Sue xx

Barbara said...

You made two cards with the same stamp and still made them look different and so beautiful. Great job!

Bunny said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the holly wreath. The leaves are beautiful. Enjoy your new birthday present. Sometimes we just get ourselves the best stuff don't we? [Bunny]

Carol L said...

First of all, happy belated birthday! So glad you treated yourself to something you're pleased with, and I can see why from these two beautiful cards! I love the designs on each one, especially the CAS design! Have fun enjoying your family - this lockdown has made it so difficult to enjoy those precious times spent together!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are both so beautiful! I love those holly leaves both ways. Well done! Enjoy your summer days while they last!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Love that wreath and you’ve used it so beautifully!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful cards Verna, Glad you found some time to play with your new goodies

Leslie Miller said...

Two cards, both beautiful! I wouldn't want to have to drag out my Big Shot all the time, so thank goodness it has its own permanent spot. Your small cutter sounds perfect! I love your CAS designs and the versatility of that cute little holly sprig!

Mac Mable said...

How wonderful to have visitors and family to visit Verna, especially in these lockdown times x. Great idea with the new Mini die cutting machine and quite right to treat yourself x.
What a pretty wreath card with great stamping and sentiment x. Fabulous CAS second card and both cards are wonderful Verna x.
I miss hugging too x,

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your Christmas cards! Enjoy your new toys and good for you treating yourself on your birthday! Enjoy the 4th and stay healthy. I too have not been creating many cards lately. Too busy outdoors. Stay safe.

scrappymo! said...

Both of these cardss are so very pretty. I love the new stamp set. Lovely crisp clear images!

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

It is always fun to read posts about what our virtual friends have been up to. Hope you had fun with your company. Bet you have been busy!

We are still on the no inside visitor rule. We can now expand our bubble to 10 contacts and meet up with them outside. So we expanded to the 5 kids and grandkids and kept it to that. We bought an extra patio set and they sit at one and we sit at the other about 12-15 feet away! Sure is good to visit with them now.

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are gorgeous, Verna! Those stamps are so pretty, the multi-layering is perfect! I think I need to invest in some layering stamps! Lovely work! Glad you're getting to visit with family! Enjoy! I hope you get to hug soon!

Patti J said...

So happy to hear you got to enjoy family! We sure miss ours. Love the beautiful cards, Verna! And look at you, getting a head start on Christmas! You go, girl! Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

What beautiful cards these are and looks like a great set you will get a lot of use from. Love the sentiments too. I have thought about a min machine at times, just so it could set on my work table. Enjoy your week!!

Greta said...

Oh wow--I absolutely love these cards, Verna!

Dawn S. said...

I love the cards you made with that sweet stamp and die set. Just beautiful!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Looks like you treated yourself to some real gem! Good for you! Wonderful cards!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...