Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Christmas Cardinals Scene

I made a scene  using Jan's Digital Christmas Cardinals set and the Tree set for this card. I am always loving cardinals so I just had to own this one. Again I used the pre-colored images.


I took the  left gate and joined it to the right gate digital stamp to create more of a fence line. Then I added the sentiment above the gate. But I felt it needed something else so I printed out some of the trees and fussy cut them and placed them in the foreground of the scene. The finishing touch was to add a slight amount of blue brushing at the top for the sky. I also added a white panel inside. The scene and inside panel were cut with a Spellbinder rounded corner rectangle die.

I am entering this in Jan's Digitals July 2020 challenge-Anything Goes.

The internet worked in the middle of the night so I got some emails removed from my inbox but I am afraid I did not stop to comment. Today the internet is working better as it is not as humid and therefore I am going to post while I can. I hope all had a great weekend. We  had a wonderful one as we got to see some family again. I hope that was a good thing to do as I always worry about someone getting sick. So far we have lucked out.

Well thanks for visiting and so sorry if I cannot always return the comments to your blogs.

God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is lovely, Verna. Love those sweet little cardinals. The trees are a lovely addition.

Liz said...

I love the tranquil scene you've created for your lovely card, Verna. I'd love to see a cardinal IRL, they look so bright and colourful. xx

TK said...

BEAUTIFUL, Venra! Oh I love this from left to right, top to bottom! Perfect cardinals, beautiful trees

Karen Page said...

Verna, this is just beautiful!!! You did such a fabulous job creating this scene, I thought Jan had done it herself! Seriously well done!!! Brilliant idea to add the trees to the scene too. I'm so glad you shared this with us and I really hope you will come back soon to play along again. And don't forget that Jan is having a sale on all her Christmas sets this month!!!
~Karen, DT Member for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge
Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG @misplacedmojo

kiwimeskreations said...

A pretty ans peaceful Christmas card Verna - hope the internet holds up for you for longer periods.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Sandra H said...

What a wonderful card love your Christmas 🎄 your so talented x

Carol L said...

What a clever use of a great digital image - putting the two sides together is a fantastic look! Great card!

Barbara said...

A lovely winter scene perfect for a Christmas card. Never too early to start making them. Glad that your internet is working again, but you never have to worry about making comments on my blog. I know that you are there and you have the best intentions.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a beautiful scene you created.

Brenda in IN said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I'm loving all those cardinals and the decorated gateposts. Don't worry about commenting. Sometimes if I am busy I will scroll through the blogs but haven't got time to comment. I hate that but at least I get to see everyone's great work.

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty your flipped gate turned out, Verna! It's a lovely card! hugs, de

Greta said...

Beautifully classic Christmas scene!

Jan Mahew said...

Verna, Stunning idea to butt the two (2) gates! Thank you for showcasing my Christmas Cardinals with Tree Scene on your BEAUTIFUL creation and sharing it with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge! We appreciate you sharing your talents with us. HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty Christmas card and I am so glad that you had a lovely weekend with the family. continue to stay safe Verna x.

Nancy said...

A fabulous wintery scene Verna! I am starting to dabble in digi's too. Like I even need more stamps. LOL I too have been working on Christmas cards. None as pretty as this though.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a wonderful, pretty winter scene!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful..
xx Karen

Dawn S. said...

Pretty winter scene! Glad your internet is working for now. It must be frustrating to have it going in and out on you.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great Christmas card!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful Christmas scene Verna. You are really doing an awesome job using your digital stamps... It seems it has been a long time since I've used mine. I'm just happy to find a little time to make a card these days.... Stay safe

laurie said...

This is gorgeous..what a beautiful scene!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! I love that you fussy cut the trees for the foreground... awesome touch!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...