Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Ink Pad Christmas

I reverted back to an old way of making backgrounds for cards by just using my ink pads. In fact, the only inks used were with ink pads. I worked with the Stampin' Up! Christmas Pine Cone dies and Christmas to Remember stamp set. I went with only using the pads for coloring because I was too fatigued to look for pattern papers that would work with it. I am afraid it has a more Fall look to it then Christmas but I guess since today is the first day of Autumn it will be fine.



I die cut the pine cone in white and then colored in with the ink pads. I also earlier had tried to die cut a pine branch cover die but I was not successful in getting it to work. I should have used the tin shim plate with it. But at least most of the pine branches did cut so I cut them off and used some of them for a part of my pinecone design.

The next time I do this design or a similar one I will try to find pattern paper that will work. But it was still fun to get my fingers inky again.

Take care and until next time God bless, Verna

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful background Verna and so worth the inky fingers. The ink cone looks so pretty and a fabulous Christmas card x.

Patti J said...

That is an awesome technique, Verna! The result is a gorgeous card! Great job, as always!

Dawn S. said...

I love the background that you created and the pine cone is the perfect touch!

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, I love your background. Makes for a gorgeous card. Cool looking pinecone and looks perfect on your card.

Carol L said...

I often revert back to using old techniques and I love how this turned out! Not every card has to have a certain look, that's what makes each one unique! NJ!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Yep, swiping makes a great background!

Sandra H said...

This is stunning x

Ina G said...

It's an oldie but a goodie Verna. Your background looks fabulous and colourful. So pretty!

TK said...

Beautiful, inky background indeed! I love the look of this, Verna, the ink cube swipe makes an intriguing background that suits the cute pinecone perfectly.
Hope your strength returns soon!

Diane said...

Very pretty and looks like fun too!! Great colors!!

Brenda in IN said...

This actually looks like pattern paper and the colors are blended so well. The oldies always work and sometimes we just forget about them. I love that sentiment.

Maria said...

Beautiful color that you achieved with the inky background! Lovely pine cone die, too! It makes for a wonderful card!

Donna Ellis said...

What a cozy, warm background for your pinecone, Verna! I can feel the heat from a crackling fire, and smell the fresh pine scent of greenery - all because of those lovely colors. Fantastic card! hugs, de

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...