Thursday, October 14, 2021

Going Monochrome

I made an anniversary card and chose to use just shades of green for the card. My main panel was made with an Altenew 3-D embossing folder called Floating Foliage. I used inks from the Rubbernecker Color Fuse line for my card. I also used the Altenew Mix and Match Frames die set. And, the sentiment is from the Altenew Stunning Cosmos set and after stamping it I cut it out with an old Fiskers Deckle Edge scissors. I finished by adding  a white panel inside the card.



I just love this and the shades of green are so complimentary to each other. I guess you can tell I like that Mix and Match Die set as I seem to use it with almost all of the cards I make lately. I am so happy I purchased it now.

Well, I think that might be all I do this week unless the crafting bug hits me again. I do know I am only one card away from reaching my goal of 100 Christmas cards so I might finish that up. And, if I do go over the goal I can always use them for next year.

Take care everyone and thanks for the visits.

God bless, Verna

14 comments:

Patti J said...

This is stunning, Verna! Those greens are gorgeous! And what a pretty embossing folder…such depth and detail. Well done, as always!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card with the greens Verna - and that is one amazing embossing folder.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Judy Inukai said...

That embossing folder is awesome and the shades of green really make a beautiful card.

Carol L said...

This is just beautiful with that embossing folder and pretty green color!

Barbara said...

I love this technique and it looks great on this card.

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful! Your inked embossing folder technique came out great! Love all the shades of green with the white.

Brenda in IN said...

I love that embossing folder. They have sure come into their own and there are such beautiful ones. This is a lovely card with such gorgeous colors. Wow, 99 Christmas cards on the wall. Sorry, I couldn't resist! But that is a wonderful accomplishment and I would try to add that one more to round it out. Good for you.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So awesome in the greens! Good for goal hitting! That’s a lot of cards!! 😀

Maria said...

A fabulous anniversary card in the lovely green! Good for you for reaching your goal of 100 Christmas cards! I might have about 10...need to get going on them! Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!

Judy Woodland said...

How pretty. Using the embossing folder is perfect, and that green is gorgeous. I LOVE this card.

Dawn S. said...

I love how this turned out! The greens are perfect with this leafy embossing folder.

TK said...

Your pretty frames spotlight your already beautiful main frame -- that e/f is wonderful! The monochrome card is very pleasing to the eye

Sandra H said...

Wow this is stunning x

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love the look of monochromatic cards...this is so lovely and peaceful feeling
blessings, xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...