Saturday, September 12, 2015

Photo Inspired

Today I worked on a very simple card design using pattern paper and die cuts. I am entering this in the Die-Namites blog challenge for the month of September. They had a photo on their post and that is what inspired me to make this card.



This is the photo that inspired me. I thought the flowers and colors were very beautiful and so I went with that theme.


My base card is white and the beautiful floral pattern paper that I layered onto black is from the Gina K. Designs Garden Tour paper pack. I went with a small floral pattern because my sentiment was so large and I thought this way you would see more of the flowers if they were smaller.

The sentiment was cut out with black card stock.

Happy Birthday

I then used the Presents Border die and cut that also with the black card stock. But instead of using it as a border I cut out presents to use individually on the card. I even added some to the inside as well.

Presents Border

This was a quick and easy way to make a card design. I chose to make it a birthday one as that is one of my most needed types of cards it seems.

Well, I hope all have a wonderful weekend. And thanks for coming by to visit.

God bless,
Verna

5 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Great take on the challenge, Verna. Love that pp.

Donna Phelan said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Love the DP you chose to match your photo. This is just a lovely card....all around!!!

Asha said...

How pretty is that, Verna! A simple but striking card design.
hugs Asha

Shari M said...

Great use of the dies, Do not have any of them, so happy to see them used and know what they are like on a card,

Susanne Rose said...

Your card is so so beautiful! Thank you for joining the Die-Namites Challenge! Save 15% on your next order in our online store using "susanne15". xx