Saturday, October 31, 2015

Christmas Wishes

I am trying to achieve a glittery affect without making all the mess that comes with using real glitter so I decided today I would use my Sakura Clear Star glitter pen. I also worked with Gina K. Designs images from the Christmas Wishes set which was part of a past year's Christmas TV kit.




The second photo shows how the pen leaves a bit of shimmery affect on the snowflakes and also on the tree where I added a bit to simulate lights or ornaments. The white panel was a pre-printed design on white card stock which was the basis of the card. From there I added a red, green and a white layer on which the design was stamped. I then stamped the snowflakes all around the center design and added a paper ribbon which is a die from Cheery Lynn Designs called Allison's Ribbons. The finishing touch was to add the glittery look with the Sakura  pen. But I still thought it was a bit plain so I added the red rhinestone gems to make it a bit more festive and elegant.

I am going to put my craft things away for today. I have other things that need attention but I was glad I still took a bit of time to enjoy my hobby gone wild. LOL

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

God bless,
Verna



10 comments:

  1. Sparkly AND beautiful! Wonderfully festive! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT kidding about the mess with glitter. I LOVE glitter, so I put up with it, but the Sakura Pen is a great alternative. Your card is so cute. It seems kind of vintage-y some how...maybe it's the colors or the images. Have you noticed that they don't do the traditional red and Christmas green any more - what's up with that??? Anyway, I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful. I love all the sparkle

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely card Verna. Love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Have you made all the cards you will need to send out yet for Christmas? I messing with glitter tonight and spilled some down the front of my shirt. It was floating everywhere after that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Verna, you always do such beautiful cards... this is no exception for sure! I love the snowflake background, glitter and bling. <3 I so much enjoy seeing your results of "hobby gone wild" lol
    Guess what?! GKD "Christmas Wishes" is what I am using for some of my cards this year as well. I LOVE that set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a PRETTY card! I love my Sakura Pens, Glitter & Glaze they add so much without a mess, you are right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Verna, looks like you have been busy with making christmas cards. They are all beautiful and oh so creative. I especially love this one with the colors you used and the sparkles you added.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas just would be the same without sparkle and shine! :) Fab card, Verna.
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading my blog posts and for all the wonderful comments.