Monday, February 6, 2017

Hearts

Once again I brought out the You Had Me At Hello stamp set which is a collaboration of Unity
Stamp Company and Gina K. Designs. I made a valentine with lots of hearts on it. I used some older pattern paper from Gina K. Designs which I think is now retired. It was a lighter shade of pink so I decided to stamp more hearts from this set onto it.


I used Gina K. Designs Dusty Rose and Cheery Red inks for my card. The big hearts were stamped in the Cherry Red and the big focal lacy heart was stamped with the Dusty Rose. I also used Dusty Rose card stock from Gina K. Designs. Inside the big heart frame I stamped the Happy Valentine's Day sentiment with the Cherry Red. By using my MISTI tool I was able to get good images of all the stamps.

Before putting all the layers together I added two strips of ribbon to the panel and placed the big heart frame over them. I also made a bow of that same ribbon which I put at the top of the heart frame.

I am entering this in the Dare2BArtzy Blog Challenge.

I made this card yesterday after the big game. That sure was an exciting one in the second half. I was just so shocked to see the outcome. It even kept my interest and I am not that big of a football fan.

Well, have a good evening and thanks for you sweet comments. I love all of them;

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a beauty Verna. Love the intricate stamping of the heart die in the pinks, looks great along with the reds. That ribbon is especially pretty too. I agree about the game too, I even watched it to the end!

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet, sweet card mf...love the look!!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful card! I adore that heart stamp and you have used it perfectly here. Someone is going to love this!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful V Day card, Verna! I love my MISTI! It's a great tool. Wish there was something similar for the old wood mounts that I still cherish LOL Fantastic hearts, too! It would be perfect for the Cardz4Galz challenge, too! xo

Unknown said...

Another nice card Verna. Saw a challenge for pink and read and though really??? But it works here beautifully.

Unknown said...

Sweet and lovely! Great Valentine card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a sweet valentine, Verna! I love those bright red hearts on your paper! Also love your stamped lacy hearts in the dusty rose! Very nice!

Downsouth said...

Verna, this is the neatest Valentine card; the pink and red certainly compliment each other. It is beautiful.

Ina G said...

Beeeeautiful card Verna.

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous ribbon accents.

Leslie said...

Oh, what a wonderful project! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Dare 2B Artzy "All You Need Is Love" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, D2BA DT
Love To Scrap 2

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

This card is lovely! :)

Janette Kausen said...

I love to craft during the big games like the Super Bowl or World Series. Your card from after the big Patriots win is just so stinkin sweet. I love it!

Melody said...

Beautiful Valentine's card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...