Monday, April 24, 2017

Anchors Away

I had so much fun making a scene with the silhouette stamps that I decided to do one more before the day was through. This one is a sea scene and this time I did sponging for my inked backgrounds. This design will fit in with this week's Stamp TV Mix It Up Monday challenge.


Besides sponging the background for the scene I also sponged a stencil design of anchors which I thought would work well with it. As for the waves I fussy cut a wavy pattern from a Post-It note and used that for my mask. I also added some white to the waves to make it look like they had white caps as we call them around here. Once I had my designs done I layered them on black card stock and then to the base card of white card stock.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs Inks: Powder Blue, Blue Lagoon, Blue Denim and Peach Bellini
Versafine Black Ink
Gina K. Designs Stamp set: Ship to Shore
Scor Pal
Artplorations Stencil: Anchors Away
Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle Dies
Crafters Companion Glue Pen
Gina K. Designs Black and White Card Stock

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Double D's Challenge-Silhouettes
Crop Stop Linky Party #27
Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge
Stamplorations Things With Wings Theme Challenge

This is the second post of the day. I really had fun working with the little simple scenes. I hope you enjoyed viewing them as well. Have a great evening and I love the visits and comments.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful water scene. That background for the silhouette boat is amazing. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Silhouette" Challenge.

Liz said...

A gorgeous scene. I love the design with the anchor panel,down the side. xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is spectacular! I love all things beach and ocean! Great sponging and stenciling! Love that boat on those rolling seas, awesome sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Barbara said...

OMGoodness, and other cute scene with silhouettes! You are really rocking the card making, girl!

Esther Asbury said...

Gorgeous sailboat scene! Makes me want to sit by the sea and relax! Love your background and those sponged anchors! Thanks so much for linking this lovely card up to CropStop!

Joyce Erb said...

Love your little scene and great background!

Judy Woodland said...

Great card, love your background pattern, and the background on your scene panel. I really like this!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wonderful card, great little scene and the sentiment is perfect too! The sponged background is super Verna!

Macimbalo said...

Love your card Verna, it's such a great nautical card! The colors are just perfect!

Leslie Miller said...

Another cute scene with silhouette stamps! This time we've moved from the country to the seaside. Beautiful sponging on this one. You got the sky just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Double D!

Darlene said...

OMG ... you are on a roll my friend! This is awesome! Your background is amazing and just perfect for your boat & birds scene! And I love how you created the white caps ... aren't you clever! Well done!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Silhouettes’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Linda said...

Lovely design ..... love the ocean scene. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...