Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Moment in Time and Card Drive Information

Yesterday I got to work with some free stamps I won from Penny Black. One of the sets I chose is an image called A Moment In Time. I used it on this card along with a sentiment from A Jillian Vance Design called Simply Said: Sympathy.


Now this is a large stamp so I had to make a bigger card then an A2 size to get all of the image on the front panel. I used my Misti and then colored in each part of the image using Tombow markers with the direct to stamp method. Once I thought I had enough color on it I then took a bit of water and a fine brush and blended some of the ink out. When the image was dry I then reapplied ink to the images with the markers and stamped it again to get more details which had washed away with the water.

I also took some green ink from an ink pad and rubbed a bit of that on some acetate and then added some water to it. With the brush I then flicked on some splashes of green color. Next I added  the sentiment and placed this panel onto a green card stock layer. The card was finished  by adding it to a base card of ivory card stock.

I might be taking a break now and then to work on some cards for a great cause with a drive that will be held in July called Cards for Little Hearts. There is a side logo with the site along the right side of my blog if you want to check into it. Also you can go to this website to get all the details for it too.
I feel that I have been so blessed these past years and that this might be a way of giving back for all I have received. So I hope to devote as much time as I can to make a few. And I hope some of you will join in as well.

I spent a good deal of time this afternoon looking for free digis online for this card drive that would be appropriate for youngsters and also looking at some stamp sets that I thought might be great too. So I was shopping but only bought two small sets. I think along with some of my supplies already on hand I can come up with a few great designs for the card drive by July. Once the garden starts to produce I will find less time for my hobby so I better try to get in some work for the card drive in the meantime.

Well, it is time to concentrate on the evening meal. I thank all of you for visiting and for all the wonderful comments you always leave me. Each of them are so uplifting to me. Have a great rest of the week.

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Ina G said...

Beautiful card Verna. Lovely stamp and you have done a fabulous job with your colouring. Sadly I have to make one of these cards as a very dear Lady passed away at the good old age of 95. Still a sad day to see her go.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful Verna. the colors are so vivid and lifelike. Like the idea of using the Misti to put down the colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barbara said...

I love Penny Black and you are so lucky to have won this stamp set. Your card is amazing and I am so inspired. Just lovely.

Donna Ellis said...

A lovely sympathy card, Verna - it is actually a miniature work of art - truly - gorgeously colored! I can hardly wait to see your cards for the card drive! hugs, de

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful sympathy card, that flower is magnificent!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, Verna, this is so beautiful. I love how the flower just stands on it's own as the focal. Nothing more is needed. Your coloring is simply gorgeous, I love everything about this card!

Joyce Erb said...

So great you won the stamp! Your card is gorgeous!

scrappymo! said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card. The poppy is wonderful and I really like the splashed dots of the green across the card front.

I took careful note of how you did that!

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous card! How sweet of you to participate in that card drive!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...