Friday, May 19, 2017

Sentiment Focus

Well, I started out having lots of plans to get a whole bunch of cards done for the Cards for Little Hearts card drive but alas so far not one has been finished for this week's design. My hubby brought in a bunch of rhubarb which needed my attention so I worked with that and made a loaf of Rhubarb Cinnamon Bread. I guess that was his way of hinting to me that he wanted a rhubarb treat.

But then later this afternoon I did a quick card design with some Hero Arts images, a die and Distress Inks. And, believe me making the card was easy but getting a photo of it was not. I chose to make it a circle shaped card and it kept rolling away on me. Yikes! Oh, well, you might tell that one of the photos shows the card a bit out of whack as I had to get it to the edge of my Scor Pal in order to keep it from rolling off.



I die cut my stamped design out with a Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Circle Die. I also cut another one out with a matching light green card stock for the inside panel. And, I chose to use just the leaves to circle the sentiment from the Hero Arts You're So Lovely stamp set. I really like that look too!



The Tim Holtz Distressed Inks used for the card were Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn. I tried to use a bit of both on the leaves and I used my MISTI to try and align them up in a more circular pattern.

Before I fastened the two die cut circles together I took the top panel and did a half inch score line and then folded it so that it would lift up. Using some Scor Tape along the half inch folded area I then placed the front panel onto the back one.

Supplies:
Hero Arts You're So Lovely Stamp Set
Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Circle Dies
Tim Holtz Distressed Inks
Scor Pal
Scor Tape
Crossover Die Cutting Machine
MISTI

This will be entered in the following challenges:
a2zScrapbooking Monthly Challenge May 2017-Sentiment Focus
Dies R Us Challenge # 73-Shaped Cards
Crop Stop May Challenge Link Party #28

Well, this weekend perhaps I can get my cards made for the kids. I will certainly try at least. Thanks for all the wonderful visits and comments. You are the best and I wish you all a very beautiful day and weekend!

God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Macimbalo said...

I love this card, the leaves and the sentiment are just perfect for this round beautiful card! Thanks for linking up at a2z!

laurie said...

Great design!Love how you stamped the leaves framing the sentiment!

Rosy Newlun said...

Gorgeous! Love the green back and white front of your round card! Sweet CAS design with your leaves and an lovely sentiment!

Donna Phelan said...

Love shaped cards, your is perfect! The stamped vines and your pretty sentiment!

Barbara said...

Simply lovely and so creative. You didn't need to add much to,this one, it is just right.

Darlene said...

OH WOW what a great idea Verna! It looks like a beautifully decorated dinner plate! YUMMM... I love rhubarb especially with strawberries in a pie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Shaped card/project’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. The leaves are the perfect frame for the sentiment.

Unknown said...

Beautiful CAS card. Love it

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute, I love making round cards. They are always so sweet. I love your simple design here!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty, love the gorgeous sentiment framed with the pretty leaves. Pretty colors and shape.

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful little card! I love shape cards and the way you stamped your leaves around the circle! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop! It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and see what you've created!

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! Such a great design.

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Love shaped cards!

Karen Dunbrook said...

how pretty Verna..love the shading you did on the leaves.
xx Karen

Patti J said...

What a pretty card, Verna! OMG, girl....I can smell that bread cooking! I totally LOVE rhubarb, and I'm the only one in the family that does, so I only get it if it's on a menu someplace. Tell your hubby that he's very lucky!!! Hugs...

Arlene said...

So lovely and calming. So glad you joined us at Z2Z.

Cindy C. said...

How delightful!! Thanks for linking up to our May challenge at a2z.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous card I like your coloring the trick-- trim off an eighth of an 8th of an inh off the back of the round card and it'll stand up perfectly

Chark said...

love your circle card, thanks for joining in at a2z!

foleysfriend said...

Love the combination of colours you used on the leaves; very nice. Great job of making the sentiment the focus. Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking.

sue

creative lady said...

Love your round card, love the flowers surrounding the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking.

Monica Maier said...

Such a pretty circle card! Thanks playing with us at A2Z~

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...