With the use of some Deco Transfer Gel, some Deco Foil and a few stamps I created these cards for Father's Day.
I chose to use one of the goose images and the sentiment on the Gina K. Designs Wetlands stamp set for both of the cards. I used a foam brush to apply the Deco Transfer gel to the goose stamp by dabbing and then quickly stamped it to ivory card stock. Don't leave it too long as then it will dry a bit and remove some of the card stock, so be quick. This had to dry at least an hour before I could foil it.
So after the image was stamped I immediately cleaned my stamp with soapy water and an old toothbrush. That works really well. And, after cleaning the stamp it is just as good as before and I could put it back onto the panel with the other stamps.
Once the stamped image was dry I then foiled it with some Deco Amber Watercolor foil using my laminator which I had heated up for approximately a half hour ahead of time. Heat setting the design created the beautiful foiled lined image on the ivory card stock. And, with the other negative portion I added that to a Deco Toner Sheet.
The first card had a die cut panel of black card stock using the Impression Obsession die called Wave Adapt-a-Background. This die cuts a pattern but if you want open spaces the way I used it, then you take a craft knife or a scissors to cut portions away to make the design. I also used a Gina K. Designs Double Stitched Small rectangle die and a Gina K. Designs Single Stitched rectangle die on the panel which when placed together give just a slight framed edging.The last step after adding all the layers together was to stamp the sentiment from the Wetlands set in black ink using my MISTI.
The second card using the negative portion was layered onto a black panel of card stock. This was then again added to a die cut rectangle from the Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangles. Since this was quite thick I had to do a couple passes through my machine to get it to cut through. I had used the largest die in that set but I still wanted a thin border, so what I did was cut off the outer stitched design on it with a scissors and then mounted it onto black card stock cut with the same size double stitched die. This gave me a very thin edging around it. And, the final steps were to add all of this to an ivory card base and then stamp the sentiment in black ink using my MISTI.
I had these started before the Memorial Day weekend but since I had lots of company again I did not get back to finishing them. Thanks for visiting and for the comments and I hope your week will be a great one.