Monday, September 18, 2017

Brentwood The Owl

This is the third card I have made for the 2017 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and this time I used another freebie digi that is available for a limited time during the coffee hop. You can get it at JessicaLynnOriginals.com and even though I am not too fond of using digital stamps, this little guy just caught my eye and I had to use him in a card as well.


I used this digital stamp in a little scene and I took a tree die by Diemond Dies and die cut it from a scrap piece I had foiled using Deco Foil Amber Waterfall. I just love that Deco Foil and ever since I got myself a laminator I have used foiling a lot in my cards.

This Brentwood image was colored with my Copics and then that was layered also over the tree die image. Next I die cut this panel with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border die. I had previously sponged that panel of white card stock with light blue ink from Gina K. Designs. All were then placed on a base card of white card stock and that completed my simple scene.

Even though I had to work with tomatoes again today I am glad I managed to get a little bit of card making done. I hope all of you are having a fun week and if at all possible will take in some of the fun of the Coffee Hop too. You never know! You could be a lucky winner as there is lots and lots of prizes.

Thanks for the lovely comments you always leave too.

God bless,
Verna


12 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a cute image, Verna. Thanks for linking up your cute card.
Blessings,
Karen

~amy~ said...

Great addition with the tree Verna!

Shanna Slater said...

Love the gilded tree :)

Thanks for sharing!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

New Creations said...

Love the gilded tree with cute image!

Becca Yahrling said...

Very sweet card using this cutie!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute, Verna!

Lori Turner said...

Very cute card, Verna! Love the gold tree!

Lisa said...

Yay! You made a Brentwood! And love the foiled tree! I'm going to learn how to do this this weekend... love your card!

Donna Phelan said...

hahahaha he's so cute, love the rhyme! (I just watched that movie, Hocus Pocus, the other night lol)

Fikreta said...

thats owl card is so cute

Hetty said...

Beautiful card with the brentwood image and the nice tree behind it.

Zelda said...

Oh so sweet - this made me smile :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...