Thursday, September 28, 2017

2 Layer Christmas Card

I have to start making a Christmas card now and then this month or I will be very short handed when it comes time to send my greetings out so I found this NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) stamp set from Penny Black called Red Star. After using it I find I absolutely love the way it looks on a card. So this will be my last card entered into Darnell Knaus's Blog #12 NBUS Challenge.


I used my MISTI so that I could get a good impression and colored the image in with Zig Clean Color markers. These are a watercolor marker and so I only did a small portion of the design at a time and repeated adding the colors until I got the look I wanted. Well this image has a more grainy look to it and so since I wanted to smooth it out a bit more I then took and did a direct to already stamped image using the red colored Zig marker to fill in some of that grainy look. I added some little yellow rhinestones to the center to dress up the design and used black ink to stamp the sentiment. This panel was then die cut with a die from the My Favorite Things Die-namics Blueprints 29 set and then placed on a card base of Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine card stock.


I also die cut another panel from the white card stock and added that to the inside of the card so that I could stamp or write a message.

This card will be entered into the September Rudolph Days Challenge. And, I think I will be making several of this design in the future. I love it.

Thanks for the visit and I hope your week is going great.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so elegant! What a beautiful image. Simple yet stunning!

Mia said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Verna. I love the big pretty red flower and the yellow rhinestones!!!

Patti said...

Oh Verna! I love this card!! I have this image too and I tell you it has never looked lovelier! Your coloring is outstanding my friend.

Have a wonderful day!

Patti

scrappymo! said...

I made three very similar cards a while back, as I have the same stamp as you!
Your card is beautiful! Love the way you did the colour and got the full depth of colour with your layers. The Misti really helps with this, doesn't it?

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

PS I will delete # 40

Helen F. said...

Oh my, Verna! Your card is absolutely stunning.
LOVE WANT HAVE-TO-HAVE that PB poinsettia stamp!

Darnell said...

I can see why you want to batch-make this design, Verna! It truly is gorgeous! I love the arty look of that image!! Thank you for playing three times in NBUS #12, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

R's Rue said...

Love.

Barbara said...

beautiful Christmas card and one that could be mass produced easily and look like a million bucks.

Donna Phelan said...

YOWZA! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty poinsettia.
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.

Kathy Krug said...

Oh my gosh, I love this stamp. What a beautiful contemporary flair this card has. Great design.

Craftychris said...

This is a stunning card! Absolutely wonderful colours and the stamp is fabulous. xxx

Jean said...

I love this stamp and it looks great coloured with the Zig markers.
Jean x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful mf...I love using that stamp too!
xx Karen

Macimbalo said...

Love red and green and white for a great classic Christmas Card!!! Beautiful!

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunner, i have a soft spot for PB stamps and i'm going to put this one on my wishlist, Happy Belated Rudolph Days, so sorry for the late commenting, Luv Sam x

Daria said...

Beautiful!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...