Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Sunflower Tea

This afternoon I took time off to make a card using a stamp set I won last year in the coffee blog hop. It is a lovely set called Tea In The Garden by Laura K. Bray. I decided my flowers would be sunflowers as they are always a fantastic fall flower I think.  All the stamps are from that set and I made my background by repeated stamping of the small floral image and then adding some random splats of color with my Copic pens. This will be also entered into the 2017 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.


I used colors I associated with Autumn and used them for coloring and for layering. I was quite happy with the way it came together too. The background panel was cut with a Cottage Cutz double stitched die and the other layers I just cut with my scissors by eyeballing. 


I think this would make a nice note card that would work for many occasions by adding an inside message.

There is still a couple days left for the hop so if you want to join in on the fun and have a chance for oodles of prizes get those tea, coffee or hot cocoa cards entered. You could be a lucky winner.

Thanks for visiting and for commenting. I so enjoy reading all of the lovely messages.

God bless,
Verna

31 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh this is so sweet! I love the colors and your pretty design too!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really nice, and I love those colors together.

~amy~ said...

These colors are perfect for fall...great card Verna.

Rosy Newlun said...

What a darling tea scene! I love your colors, the background and stitched border. I can't believe how straight you free-hand cut the layers! You really rock! Me? LOL! So not going to try that!

New Creations said...

So pretty in beautiful colors!

Doreen said...

Love the fabulous design, a gorgeous card.xxx

Becca Yahrling said...

That's a fun design, great card, Verna.

Julia Aston said...

Love the blue with the yellow and brown colors - great design and cute stamp set!

Judy Woodland said...

Super cute. Love the colors and the stylized sunflowers.

Joyce Erb said...

Very pretty, now where is my coffee? LOL

Patti said...

I love all the fall colors I am seeing in Blogland! this sweet card makes me think of spiced tea and pumpkin pie! a delicious combination : )

(((Hugs)))
patti

Hetty said...

What a beautiful design and bright colors.
Love your card.

Maria said...

A lovely card with the the pretty flowers, cup, and pot! Great design and pretty colors!

Lori Turner said...

PERFECT Fall coffee/tea card Verna!

Centellazul said...

woow beautiful colors!!!

Andrea W said...

Lovely card! I really like the colors and layers.

Lisa Lynn said...

Verna, your card is gorgeous. This was a great win! Great colors.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful colour combination, love the image and the background a Super card.
Faith
x

jeanchaneyaz said...

Such a pretty card with the blues and the sunflowers!

Arianna Barbara said...

Very pretty!!!

Fikreta said...

so very pretty!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty, Verna! Love the background you created!

Ann said...

Such a cute little tea set and card. Thank you for all the kind comments you have left on my blog. I appreciate them.

Greta said...

The perfect Fall card--beautiful!

Eve said...

hmmm.. I love this color combos! Never thought of having blue with yellow/brown. I love it! Your coloring is very nice, too :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh what a sweet card, and thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Just love that set! The colors you've used are perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card love the colors. Congrats on your win too. You are really lucky at random drawings! You go girl!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful colors and design!

Shanna Slater said...

Fabulous color scheme

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a sweet card..love the whimsical feel of the images.
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...