Thursday, February 22, 2018

Baptism Card

Our little Jack will be baptized in March so I was debating on how to make a card for his special day. I finally decided to go fairly clean and simple with the design and I really love the way it looks now. I used the Sparkle N Sprinkle Stamp Set 362 Crosses.


First I took white card stock and used an anti-static pad to remove any moisture and oils from handling it. Then with a Versamark clear ink pad I stamped the cross onto this card stock panel. I added Sparkle N Sprinkle Gold Detail (EP168) embossing powder and then heat set that. With two shades of blue I colored in this gold cross with some Bic alcohol ink markers.


My next step was to die cut this cross out with a Gina K. Designs Small Double Stitched circle die and I also die cut a Gina K. Designs Large Single Stiched circle die for the blue layer around it. I set these aside and then used a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder to make a pattern on a piece of white card stock. I cut that embossed panel to the size I wanted and then added that to a layer of blue card stock.

For the sentiment I stamped it with black Versafine ink onto white card stock and after fussy cutting it I layered that to  blue card stock. I assembled the various layers onto a white card base, The circle was popped up but I left a bit of room so that I could slide one end of the sentiment underneath it. The last addition to my card was to add a small blue and white gingham ribbon.

Well, we are getting snow. Sounds like we are in for quite an accumulation too. I so wish it was a nice soft spring rain with warm enough temps to not freeze instead of snow. I guess I am never satisfied. But I thank the Lord regardless for the moisture we are getting.

I hope you had a great week. It seems the days just fly by. I can hardly believe the weekend begins again tomorrow.  Thanks always for your visits and wonderful words about my cards. I very much appreciate them.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, I love this kind of card and the embossing looks so fine, great result.
💖 [aNNie' blog]

Carol L said...

What a wonderful card you've made for your precious grandson, and I think it's beautiful with details. Hopefully Jack is doing much better now and able to come home!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Beautiful card for a precious little guy.
xx Karen

Birgit said...

What a stunning card for such a special occasion! The gold embossing, texture and coloring all make for a darling card.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a keeper for sure. It needs to be in his baby book and cherished so he can see it many years from now. I'm so glad he is home and well.

Christina said...

This is beautiful Verna. The CAS design works brilliantly for the set you’ve chosen. Love that little touch of blue bow. An early Happy baptized to little Jack and a lovely weekend wishes to you Verna.

laurie said...

It's perfect! That gold cross is beautiful,and the bow adds the perfect touch!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The cross is so pretty in blue with the shiny gold accent! Lovely baptism card.

No snow here but it is dreary and cold!

Judy Woodland said...

PERFECT!!! Love the colors you used, and your design is spot on. This is just a wonderful baptism card, and I'm sure it will become a keepsake!!!!

Liz said...

What a perfect card for a baptism, Verna. I love the CAS design and the colours are beautiful. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful and simple, Verna, and I think you did just the right card for Jack's baptism. Love the blue with the gold embossing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, with or without stamping. I'm heading out on some errands today.

MaryH said...

It's beautiful & perfect for Jack's Christening. I'm so happy for all of you that he's doing well, and that he has a sweet Grandma to make this oh-so special card for him. I think you made a good decision to go CAS, as the royal blue with the gold embossing is very eye-catching with the stitched circle. TFS - Hope the snow won't be too deep.

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card. I love the gold embossing with the blue. A gingham bow, so perfect to tie up such a sweet card.

Greta said...

What a sweet card for Jack's baptism--love how it turned out!

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Perfect for a baptism. Love the blues and the clean look!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...