Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you. I hope you are enjoying this holiday. I don't do much myself to celebrate it but I do enjoy making cards for others depicting it. I am sharing with you the final card I made using the Iralamija shop vintage photo that I won. I also used a wonderful Cheapo die called Clover Flourish.


I think that sweet lady is so pretty in that photo and I accidentally printed it onto regular printer paper instead of card stock but I used it that way regardless. I also used some Versamark ink and clear embossing powder which was heat set on both the lady printout and the sentiment which I computer generated. 

I die cut two Clover Flourishes and used that to frame the photo which I placed on a panel of dark green card stock. But before I added everything to the yellow card base I took the leftover negative and used it as a stencil to add a few more subtle clovers with green ink.  Once I had everything added to the card I finished it by adding some yellow pearls on each clover on the flourish. 

Well, I wish you a wonderful weekend. It is a beautiful day here but it was a bit nippy this morning early. But the sun is shining and we missed out on the nasty weather that other parts of our state got. Thanks for your wonderful visits too.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

MaryH said...

You've had some very pretty vintage images for this holiday, and I think this one looks just fine on printer paper. (also won't be so heavy to mail!) Love the shamrock flourish embellie and the subtle look of the cheery sunny background. TFS

Patti said...

I really love the stencil you created Verna. It highlights your sweet image and flourish perfectly!

Happy St. Patty's Day to you too friend.

Patti

Barb said...

It's a really lovely St Patrick day card Verna. I really like the image and you've made a pretty background. Barbxx

Dandi93 said...

Lovely St Patty Day Card Verna and Happy St Patty's Day to you... There has been many times I ended up using a test piece, if it looks good... use it

Greta said...

What a sweet image & lovely card for St Pat's Day!

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the image and that pretty die cut clover flourish. What a great idea to use the negative, to add further interest and subtle stencilling to the background. Very cold in Scotland today...so a day in to craft x

Barbara said...

This is really crafty to make use of the negative as a stencil for this card. It turned out great with the print and the die cut.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The background that you stenciled is so fun, and I love the vintage image too! Great card!

Donna Phelan said...

Yes, she is the perfect image for St. Paddy's Day! I also love your soft stenciling in the background and that magnificent die cut! FAB!

Brenda in IN said...

You can't tell it is computer paper because it looks wonderful. I think that is so cool that you used the negative piece to make soft clovers on the background. Great card. It's nice to have a beautiful day after a snowfall. It's nippy here this morning but a day filled with sunshine later on.

Donna Ellis said...

Such loveliness in your beautiful vintage creation, Verna. The background looks amazing using your "stencil" - so custom and soft - adding to the vintage appeal. It's a wonderful card! So you copied the entire printed element with clear EP? What a great way of adding detail to your card. I especially love your impeccably placed pearls! hugs, de

Carol L said...

The background is beautiful and so is that gorgeous flourish with all the pearls! Love that vintage image too! Hope your St. Patrick's day was a good one!

scrappymo! said...

This is such a lovely vintage image. Your dies look fabulous here. i am going to see if I can find this die as it is so pretty.

Lisa said...

I just LOVE your homemade stencil ... what an awesome background that made! This is beautiful!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...