Tuesday, March 6, 2018

St. Pat's Shaker Card

Just for the fun of it I thought I would see if I could use some of my Cheapo dies and make a shaker card. Well everything was going great until I realized I did not have the right elements to put into a shaker. But then I thought of the box of goodies I inherited from my Mom after she passed on and I found some confetti in it that I think worked just fine. Of course, I had to hand pick the gold and green ones only for my shaker since it was for St. Patrick's Day. And since I am not a shaker card maker I think this is not too bad considering. I think I might have made two more in my lifetime.



I used some Gina K. Designs pattern paper from the Garden Tour paper pack. I also used some Crafter's Companion green card stock and the peach colored card stock for the card base is from Gina K. Designs. Also the light green card stock is from Gina K. Designs.



I used the Cheapo clover die set which consists of two pieces and used the negative for the shaker area. I then used the two dies from the set together to make a frame for it. And, the flourish was cut out and placed along the right side and I added some orange gems to it.

The last thing added to my card was the sentiment from Gingerbread of Arlington, SD which was stamped in Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine ink and then cut out with a Marvy Uchida scalloped oval punch. The Gingerbread company is no longer in business but in the early days of my stamping and card making career I bought quite a few stamps from them.

Cheapo Dies used:
Clover Flourish
Fancy Clover Set

Well, we have had electricity all day and hubby has been cleaning out our yard and the neighbor's yard. So he has been extra busy all day. It is such a wet snow so it is very hard to blow it. He had a lot of plugging up with the blower and sheared a few pins too. Good thing he always has extras on hand to fix it again in a hurry. We got about a foot of snow.

Thanks so much for your visits and wonderful comments. Here's wishing you a great evening now.

God bless,
Verna

15 comments:

Greta said...

Hard to imagine your snow as it's been bright sun here for 2 days! Not as warm as it looks, but summer compared to where you are! This is a terrific St Pat's Day card & a perfect shaker! Wouldn't know you haven't made many!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a great card - especially the sentimental shaker element! Wonderful idea! Hunkering down - they already called a snow day for tomorrow - here we go again!!

Carol L said...

Your shamrock shaker card is a real beauty and I love the pastel green flourish too! Stay warm - our snow is now falling and we're expecting a possible 16 inches!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is really great! I love the theme and the swirl die! The confetti worked well.

We are getting wet and heavy snow today. We lucked out and kept power the last storm, so I hope we do for this storm too! Have a good day!

Brenda in IN said...

Love your choice of pattern paper and the shaker is great. I also really liked you Uchi card from Monday. I've never done that and yours came out great. Wet snow is the worst. I'm glad it is over and maybe that is your last one for the year.

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome shaker card, I love what you have done with those dies. Great inspiration here!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Great background for that shaker card. The frame around the shaker really draws the eye in. Fun, fun card.

MaryH said...

I think this is excellent! (I've never made a shaker card, even after buying that Fuse tool which is supposed to make the process easier). I'm loving how you are using these Cheapo dies....they look great. The design and colors on this one, make it a perfect St. Pat's card, and of course the green & gold confetti...just right inside the shamrock! Hope your DH doesn't get too awfully tired of the snow blowing. TFS & Stay cozy.

Patti said...

Oh your card looks so fresh and spring like - unlike your weather!! so sorry to hear you've struggled. We got the WIND!! but no precipitation to speak of. Hurry spring!!

Patti

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun and festive shaker! Love it! 🍀☘️🍀

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Verna! Your shaker is AWESOME! I really like how you have the patterned paper behind the shaker! I'd say your cheapo dies worked great!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, Verna! This is the cutest shaker! You did a good job picking out all those little shaker parts. Love the perfect shamrock frame and the rhinestone-studded flourish beside it. The paper is darling and fun. Such a wonderful combo of everything! Glad your power stayed on. Yucky weather. We're on our second day without rain, but it will be back shortly.

Lisa said...

Awesome shaker! The confetti was perfect for it and yay you for picking out the green and gold...lolol! Love it! And love those dies too... love this card!

Dandi93 said...

Super cute Verna, I love shaker cards... so much fun

All Decoration said...


The blog you have created is very impressive to me. I appreciate you sharing this valuable content, we provide services related to, balloon decoration in Chandigarh if you want to know then visit our site.
Contact us - +(91) 9872204881

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...