Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Welcome Spring!

Happy first day of Spring to all of you. I know I have been looking forward to this day. And, in honor of this occasion we have been getting rain and snow overnight and this morning. But now the sun is shining. But that is pretty typical of Spring weather.

I am not much for using digital images mainly because I am not very efficient trying to make them work for me. But when I recently won three files from The Cutting Cafe I picked out one that would work for my Easter cards by using the Easter 1 set. So the Easter cards I will be featuring in the next few days will show backgrounds and images from that set. I picked out only printable sets as I cannot do cut files but if you can, Regina Easter has lots of those in her shop too!


The background is one of those printable ones from the Easter 1 set and I used Zig markers mixed with water to color it. I just took a folded piece of wax paper, scribbled on the colors I wanted and then spritzed them with water to get a more washed out look. This way when I painted the design it had more pastel colors. I picked out scraps of card stock that went with my water colored background to add layers to the design.

I die cut the Die-namites die called Spring Bunny with white for the top layer and then added it to a piece of lavender card stock which I just fussy cut out. After assembling everything I finished the card by adding some green rhinestones.

Well, I thank you for the visit and I hope your day is going great. I want to get my Easter cards in the mail soon so thought I best photograph and blog about them before they are sent off. Let's hope I don't eat too many of the props too! LOL

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Verna. I love the text background and the little bunny is so pretty. xx

Patti said...

This is sweet Verna! I really like the look you got from your wax paper technique!! I need to try this : )

Happy first day of Spring to you too!!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Carol L said...

I really like that cute bunny with the wordy background! Great color combo and a wonderful design too!

Darnell said...

Well done with the digis and the pastel watercoloring, Verna! This is a fantastic Easter card! I love the background text with that pretty bunny and how you set up your photography with the Easter candy!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful, soft Easter colors and a cute bunny. I can't buy any more Easter candy because I ate the bag I bought already!

Donna Phelan said...

Great background! It's so beautifully bold. Love that sweet bunny, pretty Spring colors too!

Olga Moore said...

What a unique card, Verna. I love the colorful worded background. It says it all. And the bunny rabbit tops it off! (P.S. The props look very tempting.)

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable! I like your idea of using wax paper for scribbling on the paints. I don't have a craft mat so maybe that would work for me. I do love your pastel rainbow background with the bold text over it. Those candies wouldn't last very long in my stamp room...

MaryH said...

Yay for your win! You have been getting a lot of prizes of late! WTGo! I love how you've used the digi to make this watercolor background, and splendid idea to tone down the color shades to a more pastel. The little cutout bunny looks right at home on this background, and how great that you had cardstock trims that worked so nicely with your other colors. Love the candies you've arranged around for the photo! Stay warm. TFS

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a sweet Easter card. That little bunny is just precious! Love the Easter background too!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute Easter card, Verna! Love the bunny!

Lisa said...

Love this! That's a great background and love how you watercolored it! Beautiful! Great pick for one of your prizes!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute card - fun staging with the candies too :)

Diane said...

What a great Easter card...love how you used TCC background and pretty bunny!! An adorable Easter card (candy looks good too..lol)..sorry so late getting here, we were out of town for 4 days and trying to play catch up!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...