Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Back to Christmas Cards

Yesterday I ran across some of my Altenew stamp sets that had not seen any love for awhile so today I made a card using two of them.


For this card I used the Altenew Bells and Bows stamp set and the sentiment was from the Altenew Lyrical Script stamp set. After all were stamped I simply die cut the panel out with an MFT Die-Namics Wonky Stitched Rectangle Stacker die. This panel was placed onto a white card base and then I added rhinestones in the same colors as the bows.

Yesterday the quarry near our farm did a big blast and when I opened up my crafting supply cupboard out fell my new set of colored pencils from Spectrum Noir. They were scattered all over the place. I had four of the sets and each set had different colors in them. They were numbered so with a chart I finally after quite a bit of time got each one back into their own set. I hope the lead is not broken inside the pencils.  So therefore, not much creativity got done yesterday.

Also I want to show you the nice flag pole my family erected for me for Mother's Day. We had two flag poles previously and they were some flimsy poles from a kit so this time my hubby found an old well pipe and painted it silver and they cemented it into the ground so that it should withstand the winds. The other ones we had were bent over with strong winds.



Well, I hope your week is going well. Thanks for the visit and I will love to see what you think of my pretty bows and flag pole.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

You sure have shown these stamps some love on your fabulous card and what a great design x. Sorry to hear about the quarry blasting x.
Such a thoughtful gift for Mother's day Verna x.

Carol L said...

I love those big bold colorful bows on this card, it's just so festive and fun! Too bad about your pencils, but hopefully they endured the blast. Old glory sure does look majestic flying high - what a great gift :)

Brenda in IN said...

I love the bright bows and this could be a birthday or Christmas card. I hope your pencils survived the blast intact. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift that is and it looks like it will stand the test of time.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, look at this! Those bows look very shiny, especially the gold one. I looked up the set. My hat is off to you for getting the layering so perfect. Beautiful! That was a very nice and thoughtful Mother's Day gift from your husband and family. I feel for you about the pencils. Last summer I took my Tombow markers in their nice stand on our travels. When I got them out to use them I found that the stand had shaken apart and the markers were a jumbled up mess. Like you, I had to spend a lot of time sorting them as I have them set up in number sequence. Big bother! When we got home my Rich super glued the stand together so it won't happen again.

Greta said...

Looks like that flag pole won't be bending! What a great gift! Fun Christmas card which reminds me I need to use that sentiment stamp set--think it's still unopened & that's a shame as I do love it.

Dandi93 said...

It's nice to show some love to our older sets, great bows Verna.... My fear started when I first ordered my Prismacolor pencil set online years ago.... How were they going to fair through shipment let alone falling out of a cupboard... I hope all is well.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Impressive stamping and masking on your Christmas card! What a nice gift of a sturdy flagpole!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Always loved these layered bows and how realistic they are!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this image and you have colored it beautifully. I hope the leads in your pencils are okay.

Lisa Babitz said...

Great CAS holiday card! And your flag pole is awesome!! What a nice gift.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...