Friday, May 17, 2019

Yellow & Blue Birthday

I have made another card for the current Impression Obsession Challenge in which the colors of yellow and blue should be used. So I pulled out the pretty IO Cover A Card stamp called Blackeyed Susan to create this birthday card.




I don't know about you but I love this huge cover stamp and so it was only a given that I would make a card using it. And, with the help of my Misti it was an easy way to get great coverage too.

Impression Obsession Products used:
CC236 Blackeyed Susan Stamp Set
CL653 Mini Messages3
DIE805-YY Checkered Frames
DIE814-U Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner

Other Products:
Gina K. Design  glue runner, inks and card stock
Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blending Brushes

I am also entering this in the Double D's Challenge-Frames.

Well, the weekend is upon us once again and we will be attending graduation activities so that will be a fun change of pace. I hope all of you have a great weekend and thanks so much for dropping by to visit.

God bless,
Verna














17 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Verna! LOVE the colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Frames’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

There you go with that beautiful background stamp again. Doesn't it look so pretty in blue and yellow! It couldn't be more perfect for both the IO challenge and our Frames challenge at Double D. Thanks for playing along a second time, Verna!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful Design. I think I need that IO die. The daisy stamp makes a beautiful background.Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely these colors are together, with that wonderful frame bringing it all together, Verna! Gorgeous creation! hugs, de

Greta said...

Beautifully done! I still haven't gotten my card finished, but hopefully that will happen this weekend.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful inspired card! Love these colors together

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! Love the yellow flowers against the blue background... and the way you placed the sentiment is very cool...

laurie said...

That stamp is awesome and you have made some gorgeous cards with it! I love the blue and yellow.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous make with that background stamp, Verna. I love that Pinked Stitched Sentiment Banner too!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty, happy feeling card mf.
xx Karen

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A great color combo and fun floral images!

Diane said...

What a beautiful card with the background stamp and colored so beautifully too. I have a few of those IO stamps and maybe need to look at them again as I haven't had them out in ages...you have inspired me!!

Brenda in IN said...

I thought that was pattern paper! Beautiful and so cheerful. Great card, Verna.

Dandi93 said...

I saw this on the IO challenge site.... It's a beauty Verna and the colors pop together

Anonymous said...

hi verna, thanks for popping by and leaving a lovely comment on my IO blue/yellow birdie card! yeah, it would fit feathered friends but it took so long to make i don't think i could replicate it. i'll find some other birdies. :) i love how you've used the yellow/blue combo and i love that your stamp fills the card!

Lisa Babitz said...

Nice sponging over the stamped image to add color to your flowers.

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Fabulous colors and details on this gorgeous card! So pretty. Thanks for joining us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...