Thursday, September 19, 2019

Focus On The Sentiment

Since I am still in need of a lot of Christmas cards I am mainly working on that type of card now. So here is the fairly quick card I made today.



I made the plaid background with a stencil  using all Gina K. Designs inks on white card stock. I added this to a white card base. Next on white card stock with the use of my Misti I inked up the sentiment tree with the varied colors of green, yellow and brown. I then die cut out this panel and placed it onto the plaid design. To finish the card I added some gems.

Supplies used:
Artplorations Plaid Maker Stencil
Gina K. Designs A Very Merry Christmas stamp set, inks and card stock
Picket Fence Studios-Blending Brushes
The Greetery-Crimped Frame Die
Gems-Unknown

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Double D's Challenge: Focus on the Sentiment
Mod Squad Challenge:Stenciled Background

So fun to make another card. I had to redo it as the first rendition I did not care for but this one I really like. Thanks for visiting and hard to believe another week is soon gone. May all of you have a great evening now.

God bless,
Verna

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Verna I just love this card! So so pretty! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FOCUS ON THE SENTIMENT’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Donna Ellis said...

Looks fantastic, Verna! Beautiful shades of green in your sentiment against the pretty plaid background. Hugs, de

Cindy C. said...

So bright and festive!! A great addition to your stash.

Darnell said...

I think you did a magnificent job of creating your plaid background, Verna! The image of the tree made from words is wonderfully scripted, but it's the plaid that makes this card great!! Hugs, Darnell

Carol L said...

THis might be a quick one to make, but it sure is a beauty! Love it!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your varied green tree with the plaid background. That looks like it could be a good batch card for Christmas. Love that the sentiment is the tree!

Barbara said...

Wow! This is a ravishing Christmas card. From the creative plaid background to the White panel with the sentiment. Just charming! Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge "Feature the Sentiment",
Barbara

Dawn S. said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card! The plaid background really sets it off.

Diane said...

WOW, your stenciling is absolutely beautiful!! A fabulous card...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!!
Diane DD DT

Joyce Erb said...

Love your card. The stenciling is perfect for that gorgeous sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at the Modsquad Challenge

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Verna.

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, You've done an awesome job with the challenge. By framing the sentiment with the crimped die and your fabulous background it makes your sentiment pop.

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning stencilled plaid background and what a wonderful Christmas card Verna x. Yes I often end making two...trail and error! x

Gail said...

This is so lovely - I have a plaid stencil to use on a card or to the that challenge - I need to get busy - your card is beautiful! ~thanks for linking up your stenciled background art work to Mod Squad - have a blessed week!

Donna Phelan said...

That tree/sentiment stamp is magnificent! I adore your plaid background that you stenciled--that really has a WOW Factor! This is such a jolly card, Verna! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Focus On The Sentiment Challenge, Donna, DT Member. Merry Merry!

Leslie Miller said...

There is no mistaking the sentiment is the focus of your card, but I absolutely love the plaid background you created! A very festive card, Verna! Thank you so much for joining us at Double D!

Greta said...

Fun & festive!

wannabcre8tive said...

Just beautiful and it is so festive looking.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You rocked out the plaid backgronud!

TK said...

Great plaid, Verna! Love the tree with it's whispy limbs all varied in green!

Lisa said...

Absolutely love this! That plaid background is fantastic and love the Tree sentiment!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...