Thursday, December 12, 2019

Big Ol' Bow

This is another digi that I acquired with the Black Friday sale at Power Poppy. And I chose to use the image on it that had no writing on the tag so that I could add a small stamped Merry Christmas to it. I am entering this in the Creative Confetti:Nature's Christmas Colors Challenge.


I had to extend some of the ribbon on each end to accommodate my A2 card size with a fine point black marker. Then I masked off the tag only and took my blending brushes and added Memento Nautical Blue ink to the paper area. After I had that colored then I colored the bow in with Copic markers using a green similar to the colors in the challenge photo. Next I removed the mask from the tag and added the gray. With an old stamp from Gingerbread House (an out of business company from Arlington, SD) I added the sentiment with Gina K. Designs Red Velvet ink. And that completed my card.

I like this simple digi design as I can see it being used for birthdays, anniversaries or any occasion where a gift would be given. And one could always stamp some other images to the paper area to coordinate it with that particular occasion. A birthday could have candles, an anniversary flowers etc. I chose to keep it in the original form however.

Well, all is much better here on the home front and hubby is feeling better now too. Have a good evening everyone and thanks for stopping by.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Yay, you got the Big Ol' Bow! Love this digi and you did an awesome job with it! I, too, was thinking you could stamp some images in the background or cut the bow out and put it on designer paper. I do want to print up a bunch and use it again.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a great CAS card design. Love all the shading and how your greeting tag contrasts so beautifully with the rich blue and green. So pretty! And so glad to hear your husband is feeling better.

Barbara said...

Yes!!! YOu got the Big Ol'Bow! I have had this stamp set for a very long time and I got the digit too. It can be used for all sorts of cards all year long. Great choice. Love the nontradional colors and The tag.

Donna Ellis said...

Your shading of this magnificent digital is beautiful, Verna! I love the lighter blue around the ribbon. hugs, de

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful colouring on this card! A very pretty digital image.

TK said...

Beautiful card, and your digi is quite flexible in use!

Carol L said...

What a great CAS look, and so beautifully colored as well! Loving that big ole honkin' bow as we used to call them LOL

Diane said...

Beautiful card with that BIG bow....amazing coloring on it too...I need to check the digi out as it is so unique!!

Lisa said...

You've made me want this bow!! I wish I'd seen it when they had the sale! Another beautiful coloring job!

Dandi93 said...

I was so excited to get this bow but haven't had time to play with it. Awesome coloring Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...