Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Happy New Year's Eve!

Wow! Another year has flown by and once again I have to learn to write a different year on my checks. It seems I just got used to writing 2019 and now I have to learn to write 2020.  But I am sure we will all adjust in time. At any rate I hope your 2020 is a wonderful new year for you. We will watch the old year out and the new year in by sitting in front of the TV.  We no longer do the party scene. We are lucky if we even stay awake until the new year arrives.

I got a reminder in the mail this last week of the upcoming drive for the Cards for Little Hearts so I thought I would share it with all of you as well. This way if you get a chance to work on some cards for the kids in between times during January you can find out all the details from the website. I hope you will consider making some cards. Even one or two would be of great value for this cause. When I make these cards I try to imagine in my mind that hopefully it will bring a smile to a little one who is having heart health issues.


So in the next days I plan on making some cards and in fact, have already gotten a few made for the drive. I have enjoyed doing that while we were in a blizzard. We got around 9 inches of snow again and it was very wet. So it was hard snow to push around and in fact, hubby took the tractor and loader to move it as the snow blower would not work with it. That was much better then shoveling it all by hand. I hope all of you who were in the line of the storms fared okay too. We were lucky and did not lose electricity but some of our friends did for a time loose their power. The only thing affected mainly for us was the internet as we were out quite a bit of the time. Also most churches canceled their services Sunday including ours.

Well, here's to a happy 2020. I wish you all the best and God's blessings.

Hugs,
Verna

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear about all that snow Verna x We get snow in Scotland but where I live not so bad x. Such a worthy cause on your blog post x
Here's to a Healthy, Happy and Crafty 2020 Verna and thank you for your blog friendship x

Helen Gullett said...

Happy New Year, Verna. Hope you will have a wonderful year.
Cards For Little Hearts is a great cause, a way to share love with the children through handmade cards.
Stay Warm and Hugs....

Lisa Babitz said...

Happy New Year, Verna!

Donna Ellis said...

Ugh! Nothing as icky as heavy, wet snow -- well, unless it is sleeting ice! Still, I'm grateful your hubby has the tools to sort things out. The children will be so excited with your cards, Verna! It's a wonderful cause. Happy and Healthy new year, Verna! hugs, de

TK said...

A great cause to make cards for, and kids are always a joy to bless! So glad you made it through the storm unscathed and can't wait to see more of your beauties. Happy New Year!

Leslie Miller said...

You fared well in the storm, but that heavy, wet snow is no picnic. Good thing you have heavy equipment to move it. I know you'll do lots of sweet cards for the little hearts. Happy new year, Verna!

Carol L said...

Sorry I'm so late, but the wish is still sincere! I wish everything good, happy and healthy for you in the new year!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...