Thursday, December 19, 2019

The Seventh Day of Christmas

I had to join the Double D Challenge-Twelve Days of Christmas: Part 2 and I chose to use the seventh day for my entry. I found a wonderful digital set of swan stamps which was originally made for sympathy cards but with the use of another digital set I managed to make my swan look more like a Christmas design. I know it calls for seven swans but I am only using one swan for my card.


I printed out the large swan and then using my blending brushes added some color around it. This was then die cut with a stitched rectangle die from Maker's Movement.  Next I took poinsettias from another digital stamp set and fussy cut them as adornments and also fussy cut some very small poinsettias to make a garland for the swan's neck. I computer generated the sentiment. I added this main panel to a layer of printed poinsettia paper and only used the very edge of the poinsettia pattern so that it resembles more of a colored stitched outline too.

Stamp Sets used:
Artsystamper Poinsettia Pair Stamps & Paper
Sweet N Sassy, LLC-Be Still stamp set

Well, my cookies and dinner rolls are baked and ready to go. Now I want to coat a few pretzels and that probably will conclude my holiday baking. I might still make a few no bake cookies as they are easy to do and always enjoyed. Most of the goodies except for the dinner rolls will be put in containers and given as Christmas gifts.

Everyone have a great rest of the week and a pleasant weekend. Christmas is soon here so I hope you are catching up on all you wanted to do. I guess I am about done so I am good in that department. Thanks for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Patti said...

This is so pretty!! I really love the mini garland you created for her neck!!

Good for you for wrapping up your holiday baking! you have been one busy gal!! :)

Liz said...

Super card, Verna, lovely design. Sounds like you've had a busy time baking too! xx

Lisa Babitz said...

Your swan looks so festive. I love the garland you created for around the swan's neck!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Verna - and so 'different' for Christmas! Well done on your computer work :)
Blessing
Maxine

Barbara said...

Super creative card and fits this challenge perfectly! Thanks for joining the fun at Double D. Merry Christmas!
Barbara DT

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a very creative idea and it really does look Christmassy! I love the addition of the poinsettia. I have some swan stamps and may use this idea next year.

Judy Woodland said...

Great card for the challenge. You are really getting into the digi scene. I think I need to jump in. Have always shied away because I don't have a decent printer that uses good ink. Plus I can't use good card stock. But maybe I need to rethink the whole thing. Your creation is really pretty, I love it.

Donna Ellis said...

Such lovey blue hues in contrast to the white swan and red poinsettias! Beautiful, Verna! Merry Christmas! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

You are rocking these digis! Very impressive! Love the poinsettia touches, especially the little garland!

Camille Short said...

You did a beautiful job!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous! Verna, your cards are always such a delight to see! You are so creative. Love this swan card! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Twelve Days of Christmas, Part 2" Challenge.

TK said...

Very pretty swan card! Love the elegance of it.

P.S. I want to come for dinner with all those baked goods!

Dawn S. said...

I love all the details on your pretty card. Think seven swans would be a lot for one card, so I like how you have only one!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, you did a beautiful job turning your swan into a Christmas card! Your fussy cut poinsettias make lovely trim, and I can't believe you cut those tiny poinsettias for the swan's garland. Wow! I also make chocolate no bake cookies every Christmas. Trying to decide if I want to do the chocolate crackle cookies (love them too much) and the craisin clusters. I probably will. Verna, thank you for playing along with us at Double D. Hugs and happy Christmas!

Greta said...

I forgot about my favorite no bake cookies--may have to whip them up! Your card is lovely! Can't imagine fussy cutting the tiny flowers to go around the neck! Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Love how you created a Christmas card using a non-Christmas image... it's beautiful! As of this evening I'm ready .. well, kind of...lol! At least I don't have to go out shopping any more...lol!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Just majestic, that beautiful swan! Love the pop of red from the Poinsettias!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Verna and great work with those blending brushes. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘12 Days of Christmas’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Dandi93 said...

So pretty Verna, fabulous use of the poinsettias and the garland

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...