Thursday, January 8, 2015

Another 4 x 4 Thank You

I like the small canvas one has to work with when making small 4 x 4 cards, Thank you cards in this size is the criteria for the Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Stamp TV so I decided to make at least a couple for the challenge. I really like this one a lot too!



And, again I did a fairly clean and simple design but I think that is part of the elegance of it. I always loved ivory, gold and black together so I went with those colors. The leafy branch image and the sentiment are from the Gina K. Designs Summer Blooms set. I used Gina K. Designs black ink to stamp them. I also rimmed the second panel with Versamark ink and then added Gina K. Designs gold embossing powder which I heat set.  I used black ribbon and layered a gold ribbon over it and then added that to the card.

Since Thank You type cards are required for the Mod Squad Challenge this week I am entering it in that as well.

We are having a blizzard today and all the schools and activities for the rest of the day were cancelled. It seems winter is getting feisty now. I hope wherever you are that you are staying safe, warm and cozy.

Thanks for stopping by.
God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Ina G said...

Very elegant and very pretty Verna. Lovely choice of colour too - just perfect.

Becky said...

Beautifully done Verna. Beautiful design.

Darnell said...

Your sweet thank you note is CASlicious AND elegant! It's a beautiful design, Verna! I hope you don't have to go out yourself! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

So elegant! I love the colors and image you chose for this card.

Peanut said...

LOVE the simplicity of this card... really classy, Verna. Well done. Hope 2015 is treating you and your family well.
hugs, Asha

Judy Woodland said...

Blizzard for us here too - only it happened last night. Love this card! It's simple, but very elegant. A perfect little 4x4 thank you card! Well done.

Vicki Dutcher said...

CAS and gorgeous

CardsbyMarianne.blogspt.com said...

Everything about this card spells ELEGANT. Very pretty!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this one Verna. Like Marianne said. Elegant.

Kathy Krug said...

Love the CAS design.

Joyce Erb said...

Pretty and elegant. I like the stripe

Unknown said...

Simply elegant!
TFS!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Verna, this is so elegant! How beautiful - thank you for the inspiration - you have been busy, I'm catching up today! hugs, de

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...