Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Heart Within My Heart

Isn't that a neat title for this post. I have to credit it though to the lovely heart doily from Cheery Lynn Designs which goes by that name. That is another of my favorite dies to reach for at the Valentine season. And, look how many negative pieces one can use on other cards as well.  I so love using as much of a die cut as I can.

Again I went with the colors of red, black and white. I am finding I like how the various layers of those colors really make things pop. And, again, this is another fairly simple layout on my card but I still like it a lot.


My sentiment again is from Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers 6 set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger. I am really getting so much use from that sentiment and I just love the font on it.
I added a red and white gingham ribbon and some bling to finish the card. The base card is a red and white duplex card stock. Oh, and not sure it shows up very well, but I did use a Cuttlebug Heart Blocks design on the white panel. Below is a close up of that panel.


Well, another cloudy and dreary day here but I still enjoyed my afternoon of card making. And, slowly I am getting my supply of Valentines made...one day at a time! 

Take care everyone and have a super rest of the day!

God bless,
Verna




4 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning. That heart is gorgeous.

Barbara said...

I love this traditional valentine with a slight twist. You are having some great creative days with your dies!

Peanut said...

I really loving how you've layered the diecuts. A simple and classy Valentine's Day card.
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

I love that die! Beautiful card!!!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...